chrissyf

non-traditional christmas balls

My family is a bit unconventional...my mom dislikes christmas balls on her tree and two of my sisters love unusual colors so a couple silver balls from the dollar tree, some non-traditional thread colors and some beads and voila..Holiday gifts for the non conformists in my family. The blue and white is for mom, purple for one sister and the other is pink cammo thread for the baby sister

post-9809-135897706517_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897706519_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897706522_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissyf

So pretty! I'll have to start some for my tree sometime.

Wow -- I think I actually like these even better than the others! Very, very pretty! You could really make a beautiful color-themed tree!

Wow -- I think I actually like these even better than the others! Very, very pretty! You could really make a beautiful color-themed tree!

actually i was a bit inspired by my own color theme tree...blue and white but also from some trees seen at Hobby Lobby...pink purple and kelly green the actual tree not the ornaments.

Wow!! Those are awesome!! :)

Those are really nice! I just started making those this year, I posted some as well. I am looking for some gold satin balls, so I can do some in black thread for my Steeler girlfriends! Yours are very pretty!

Those are really nice! I just started making those this year, I posted some as well. I am looking for some gold satin balls, so I can do some in black thread for my Steeler girlfriends! Yours are very pretty!

you can use the shatterproof ones those are available at Walmart and i found mine at Walgreens and the dollar tree...those are very gold just a warning about the glittered ones...the glitter will get everywhere and the cover does not "slide" across the ball you will have to yank it into place.

They are so pretty. I saw the ones in your other thread, too. Great work. I will have to look for some of those balls at my Dollar Tree here. :hook:ctree I can't wait for Christmas!! :yay Only 55 more days!!

Edited by Mom w/a Motif

my daughter made me a couple a few years ago, I love them, she found the shatterproof clear ones at Michaels.

Those are really neat!

Somehow missed these before...

They're very pretty!