Interlocking Blues

Buckleigh

This is my interlocking crochet 'sampler' afghan. If you are not familiar with interlocking crochet, it is a technique that creates a two-sided piece of fabric. You work both sides/colors at the same time. The patterns are created by crocheting a stitch in front of or behind the corresponding stitch of the other color. Working this technnique takes a lot of concentrating and one should be very comfortable with crocheting to attempt it. Tanis Galik has written a book and posted some instructional videos on the basics on YouTube.

Mine has a few errors in it, but I still like it. It is worked in RHSS, is about 60 " x 60 " in Soft Navy and Cornflower blue. I used four 7 oz skeins of each color.

I cant post the pix on my blog because the recipient may see it before I give it to her.

post-18660-135897706341_thumb.jpg

post-18660-135897706345_thumb.jpg

post-18660-135897706349_thumb.jpg

post-18660-135897706352_thumb.jpg

This is my interlocking crochet 'sampler' afghan. If you are not familiar with interlocking crochet, it is a technique that creates a two-sided piece of fabric. You work both sides/colors at the same time. The patterns are created by crocheting a stitch in front of or behind the corresponding stitch of the other color. Working this technnique takes a lot of concentrating and one should be very comfortable with crocheting to attempt it. Tanis Galik has written a book and posted some instructional videos on the basics on YouTube.

Mine has a few errors in it, but I still like it. It is worked in RHSS, is about 60 " x 60 " in Soft Navy and Cornflower blue. I used four 7 oz skeins of each color.

I cant post the pix on my blog because the recipient may see it before I give it to her.

Wow that is amazing!! I LOVE it!!!!!:manyheart

Wow -- that is gorgeous! I've never tried anything like that. It looks very difficult and as you said requires a lot of concentration. But it sure gives you an unique and beautiful afghan when you are done!

Very pretty and such an interesting pattern! I commend you! I don't have the patience for something like that

Archived