Where Did I Go Wrong?

pangn

Question

Hi everyone

I am new to crochet and I thought a good solid line double crochet blanket would be a nice way to start out

I'm having trouble keeping my lines at the same stitch count. Is there a way to fix this without unraveling days worth of work? How do you accidently crochet more one line than the next, if you're using new holes each time?

This isn't any pattern, I'm just kinda trying to make something to fit my husband and I under one blanket.

Any pointers?

dsc02576o.jpg

7 answers to this question

When I get to the end of the row I put a stitch marker in the last stitch then turn and go down the row and when I get to the end of that row put a stitch marker in the last stitch. Then when I come back around on the next row I will know exactly where the last stitch is, remove the marker and replace when I make the stitch and so on. Mary

When I get to the end of the row I put a stitch marker in the last stitch then turn and go down the row and when I get to the end of that row put a stitch marker in the last stitch. Then when I come back around on the next row I will know exactly where the last stitch is, remove the marker and replace when I make the stitch and so on. Mary

Oh thats such a good idea, yeah, do that! I was going to say, according to the pattern, are you sure you are or are not consistantly using the turning chain as the first stitch. Some patterns advise it counts, others, it doesn't. If you are used to doing it one way all the time, and are changing, might be you are reverting into the old way on a few rows. i dunno. But the stitch marker, is a great idea! :cheer

I learned when I was young. My grandmother taught me to place a

marker on the first and last stitch of each row as I worked. That

way you don't miss any stitches. You can't increase or decrease on

the first or last stitches. Its slow going at first since you are moving

markers each row, but the rows are even and you don't have to frog.:yarn

Archived