Yarn for Baby Round Ripple?

ManfaMae

A friend asked me to make a round ripple afghan for her daughter's baby. She knows nothing about yarn and brought me two skeins of Yarn Bee Baby Fleece and a $50 Hobby Lobby gift card to get more yarn in case the Yarn Bee didn't work. I told her it might be easier and get more use if I just used regular worsted weight yarn. She liked the colors she got of the other yarn and asked me to use that as a guide: "Soft Sun" (pale yellow) and "Infant Teal" (light aqua). So far the only thing I can find that would be cost effective and comparable to those colors is LB Pound of Love in "Turquoise" and "Soft Pale Yellow" and I'm not even sure if Hobby Lobby sells Lion Brand yarn so that I can use the gift card. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Samantha

Thanks for the reply @kittyloverdeb :) I saw that RH has "aruba sea" and "pale yellow" which look close to what my friend wants. RH isn't as snuggly soft as some other yarns, but the blanket will look as good after the 100th wash as it did when I first made it.

Archived