Yarn stores in Alabama?

Katandia

Anyone in the Birmingham area know where all the best yarn stores are? I LOVE Knit Nouveau in Helena, I can't get out of there for less than $80 and I've been to Memory Hagler Knitting - it's ok, but small, not a lot of stuff there. I saw a reference to a store called In the Making on a yarn website, think it's off 280 but haven't been there...

Other than Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby (which has been getting in more and more specialty yarns :clap) - any other good places to feed the yarn frenzy?

I'm in Birmingham too...I've never heard of the one on 280, although I've been out to A.C. Moore on 280, it's worth dealing with the horrific traffic (almost). I ALWAYS buy my yarn in bulk (cones) on Ebay and wind them down when they arrive.

If you guys are ever in the Huntsville area (not like it's really that far! :lol) there's a little shop called Yarn Expressions on Whitesburg Dr. I'm thinking it's not as little as it used to be because they've moved to a bigger store.

I can't get out of there for under $100 most trips, so I limit my trips to once or twice a year! :lol

I grew up in Huntsville - my family still lives there, so when I go home to visit, I stop by Yarn Expressions... and come out with too much yarn, of course. Do you all know of any place or group that has a crochet get together? Knit Nouveau has a Stitch and Bitch every few weeks and I'm sure they'd welcome a crocheter, but I haven't been to one.

Congratulations on your new yarn! :yay

Yeah, the new location is nice - I never actually went to the old store, I found it after they'd moved. I usually only go to the lys to get (and touch!) yarn - so I don't mind if they don't have a lot of crochet related stuff, although it is nice when they do. I get most of my books and patterns online.

• 4 weeks later...

I shop AC MOORES on 280 alot! They tend to have BULK mill ends in one pound bags for $5.00 - $10.00. Most of the time it is really nice stuff!!! You never know what "type" of yarn its going to be...IE wool, wool blend, cotton, poly blend, etc...and then you never know the texture either! Chunky, soft, thin, etc....

It's always an adventure that's for sure!!! I made a beautiful afghan for my niece for christmas this year using some I bought!

It's worth checking it out if you havent yet....

Dawn

Archived