Beanie inspired by hat sold by retail store

jewel

post-9580-135897702439_thumb.jpg

So I thought I would move this thread over to the Free Original Patterns, since I figured out how to make the hat from Title Nine that I was looking at. Here is the link for my inspiration:

http://www.titlenine.com/product/cold-weather-gear/womens-hats-gloves-scarves/713377.do?sortby=ourPicks

Here is the link for the original post that I posted:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132604

Below is the pattern that I wrote up. It has not been tested by others, so if there is anything that I need to clear up or change please let me know. I hope everyone enjoys. Oh, and one of the other women was nice enough to make this into a pdf for me, but for some reason it would not work as an attachment on here, not sure if it has something to do with my computer or something else. I would be happy to email it to anyone that is interested though.

Beanie Inspired by Title Nine Beanie

J Hook

Used Caron One Pound yarn

MB: (Make Bobble: Yo and insert hook into designated st. yo draw a loop through the st, yo draw through 2 loops. You will now have 2 loops remaining on your hook. *Yo insert hook into same st. Yo draw a loop through the st. Yo and draw through 2 loops on the hook* 2 times. You will have a total of 4 loop on the hook. Draw through all 4 loops. Now you have made a bobble.)

Hat:

Ch 4 and make a circle.

1. Ch 3, counts as first dc. Then 11 dc more sts in circle (12 dc)

2. Ch 2, 1 dc in same st, then 2 dc in each st after (24 dc) close row with sl

st

3. Ch 2, *1 dc in next st, then 2 dc on next st* (repeat from * to *) close

w/sl st (36 dc)

4. Ch 2, *1 dc in next 2 sts, then 2 dc in next st* close with sl st (48 dc)

5. Ch 2, *1 dc in next 3 sts, then 2 dc in next st* close with sl st (60 dc)

6. Ch 2, *1 dc in next 4 sts, then 2 dc in next st* close with sl st (72 dc)

7. Ch 2, BPHdc in each st, close with sl st (72 BPHdc)

8. Ch 1 turn, sc in each st, close with sl st (72 sc)

9. Ch 1 *1 sc in next 2 sts, 1 MB (make bobble) in next st* close with sl st

(48 sc & 24 MB)

10. Ch 1 sc in each st, close with sl st (72 sc)

11. Ch 1 1 sc in next st, *1MB in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts* 1 MB, 1 sc in

next st close with sl st (48 sc & 24 MB) Here is the fun part, trying to

get the bobbles to stagger, so they are not in a line. You might have to

do the alternate for step 11 if this does not work.

11. Alt. Ch 1 *1 MB in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts* close with sl st (48 sc & 24

MB)

12. Ch 1 sc in each st, close with sl st (72 sc)

13-19. Repeat 9-12 making sure that your bobbles are staggered.

20. Ch 2, BPHdc in each st, close with sl st (72 BPHdc)

21. Ch 1 turn sc in each st, close with sl st (72 sc)

22. Ch 1 sc in each st, close with sl st fasten off (72 sc)

Brim:

Fold hat in half with back seam going down the middle. Use this seam to find the middle of your hat in the front. Your brim will be 22 sts long so count out 11 to each side from the middle. Use markers to mark your sts, so that it is 22 across. I just slid a piece of contrasting yarn in each st.

1. Rt side facing you join yarn in first marked st, sc in this first st, 1 hdc in

next st, 1 dc in next 2 sts, 1 trc in next 14 sts, 1 dc in next 2 sts, 1 hdc in

next st, 1 sc in last st, close with sl st (2 sc, 2 hdc, 4 dc, 14 trc)

2. Ch 1 turn, 1 sc in next 2 sts, 1 hdc in next 2 sts, 1 dc in next 14 sts, 1 hdc

in next 2 sts, 1 sc in next 2 sts, close with sl st (4 sc, 4 hdc, 14 dc)

3. Ch 1 turn, 1 sc in each st, close with sl st (72 sc)

Note: This can easily be changed for different size heads. You can easily stop at 60 sts and just do that round one more time before you go into step 8 or you can easily use a smaller hook. My head measures about 22 ½ inches if that helps and this came out comfortable, not too loose and not too tight. Good luck and enjoy. I know I will make this hat again and if there are any corrections I will definitely add them.

Love it. Here goes something else to add to my long list of things I want to crochet. I may just move this one up near the top as I am making both chemo caps for my oncologist's office and caps/beanies for my church's clothes closet. I think this beanie would be perfect for both places. Now I must go say a prayer that the Lord lets me live for a long, long time so I can crochet everything I want to.

Thank you everyone for posting. I am so glad that the pattern worked out for some of you. Since it was my first pattern to write, I was afraid that it would have errors. Please feel free to let me know if anyone notices any errors.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful hat! My daughter loves this type of hat, I will now add this to my "to do" list. Thank you!

Archived