CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giveaway #7 Winners:

4. She Makes Me Smile clown digital pattern donated by chiscrochetcrazy, link to her store here

Winner: sindrlla

That's me :cheer I knew I would win on this one !!!! It's number seven and that is my love's number and he is sitting here with me and he said I'd win his number 7. yea yea yea, giggle tee hee hee :hug

Thank you Amy for such a great day and a great ending to the day!!!

Thank you to all my new I Love Yarn Friends!!! :hug

Oh, Abby and I are managing to chat while I'm taking care of things here.

Good news: we don't have to ship the cupcake care package we had put together for her. I just gave her all the boxes of stuff, and she's having fun digging through all the cupcake-making supplies.

Just so everyone knows: it will be about a week before I ship out things to the winners.

I'll be back from the beach late Wednesday, but I get up early Thursday morning to fly out to Stitches East and represent CGOA there. I won't get home until late, late Sunday night.

So it will be probably be Tuesday or Wednesday of the week after this coming one that I can get everything mailed out.

If anyone lives near Hartford, CT, please come by Stitches East and visit me in the CGOA booth. I'd love to meet any and all of you in person!!

Now it's time for some mom-bragging. She has done incredibly well on all her midterms.

She made a 94 on her music theory class. UA has one of the most difficult music theory curricula in the country. She plays flute beautifully, but has never been a singer. Over half the class failed the midterm and dropped the class. I am so proud of her for sticking through this, working hard, and doing so well. She made As on her Honors Bio and Chemistry midterms as well.

Those were the difficult classes. She's also making As in her less strenuous classes: piano, flute, and marching band.

Even though she's working hard, she's still finding time to have fun with the new friends she's made.

I'm so proud of her!!

However, she's totally crazy: she wants to major in biology with a concentration in molecular biology, minor in flute performance, and minor again in psychology (to open doors to neurobiological research). She plans on getting a Ph.D. in genetics, but who knows what the future might hold.

I am officially going to sign out on this party. But everyone else feel free to keep the festivities going as long as you wish throughout the night.

Just one word of warning: if you make a mess and leave all your hooks and yarn all over the place, they'll find new homes amidst my stash! :lol

Hmmm, maybe I should encourage you to be as messy as you can possibly be. Who knows what fabulous things might end up in my stash come tomorrow morning??

Now it's time for some mom-bragging. She has done incredibly well on all her midterms.

She made a 94 on her music theory class. UA has one of the most difficult music theory curricula in the country. She plays flute beautifully, but has never been a singer. Over half the class failed the midterm and dropped the class. I am so proud of her for sticking through this, working hard, and doing so well. She made As on her Honors Bio and Chemistry midterms as well.

Those were the difficult classes. She's also making As in her less strenuous classes: piano, flute, and marching band.

Even though she's working hard, she's still finding time to have fun with the new friends she's made.

I'm so proud of her!!

However, she's totally crazy: she wants to major in biology with a concentration in molecular biology, minor in flute performance, and minor again in psychology (to open doors to neurobiological research). She plans on getting a Ph.D. in genetics, but who knows what the future might hold.

Um...WOW! You should be proud of her - heck, tell her *I'M* proud of her and I don't even know her!! :yay

I guess I'm off to bed too :( I have a long day dealing with the soon to be ex-husband tomorrow......long story short after 4 1/2 years tomorrow he is trading what is left of my stuff (that he hasn't already took to the dump) for divorce papers. I wouldn't care but you all will understand why the stuff means so much. It's my whole craft room! Ten years of my crafting life including when my grandma passed and left everything to me and her sister. Projects she hadn't finished and beautiful fabric that she and I used over the years. My grandma crocheted, knitted, quilted, sewed.....she did everything and I miss her so. Thank you all for today! Tomorrow will be easier if I just remember today!!! :) thank you amy and everyone!!!!! :)

I guess I'm off to bed too :( I have a long day dealing with the soon to be ex-husband tomorrow......long story short after 4 1/2 years tomorrow he is trading what is left of my stuff (that he hasn't already took to the dump) for divorce papers. I wouldn't care but you all will understand why the stuff means so much. It's my whole craft room! Ten years of my crafting life including when my grandma passed and left everything to me and her sister. Projects she hadn't finished and beautiful fabric that she and I used over the years. My grandma crocheted, knitted, quilted, sewed.....she did everything and I miss her so. Thank you all for today! Tomorrow will be easier if I just remember today!!! :) thank you amy and everyone!!!!! :)

:hug I'm sorry. I hope I'm understanding correctly that you ARE getting these things your grandma left? Give him the divorce papers, he'll give you those priceless heirlooms? I hope it goes smoothly and you're one step closer to being able to put the bad stuff behind you. Hang in there!! :hug

I had planned to stay up and knit and party, but then I had a glass of wine and went to sleep. Missed all the speed raffles.

But I did have fun. It's great to have a party all about yarn.

:manyheart

Congrats to the winners of the last two give-aways!!! :clap

This was a fun idea- and I already marked the calendar for Oct 14, 2012 on my computer for I Love Yarn Day 2012.....and it's on a Sunday!!!!:yay So I'll have ALL day to play next year!:yay

Thanks again Amy!! Congrats to your DD for doing so well on her midterms!!! Have fun at the beach and Stitches East!!!!

Won't she be surprised when she wakes up after her Loooooonnnnngggg Day and finds out she won!!!! :clap:clap

:wooYou are SO right! I just got up and got a cup of coffee and my wonderful hubby asked if I wanted some of the newspaper. I told him no that I needed to see who won that give away last night. Imagine my surprise when I seen it was ME!!! :yay

Thank you Amy!!!!

I'm so proud of her!!

Absolutely fantastic you have every reason to be proud.

:sun·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How is everyone after that busy .... very fun day yesterday!?!

Congratulations to all the winners of all the giveaways! How exciting for you all!!!!

Everyone had some awesome show and share for the projects they worked on too! Amazing stuff ladies!!!

I finished mine before bed... but didnt post!

Snapped a pic this morning and here it is..............

post-18634-135897704297_thumb.jpg

All that is left is to line it and then it will become another giveaway! :)

Thank you all for such great fun and conversation!!

Thank you Amy for hosting this whole thing. I had a great time!!!

have a great day everyone

:heart

:mug

:sun·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How is everyone after that busy .... very fun day yesterday!?!

Congratulations to all the winners of all the giveaways! How exciting for you all!!!!

Everyone had some awesome show and share for the projects they worked on too! Amazing stuff ladies!!!

I finished mine before bed... but didnt post!

Snapped a pic this morning and here it is..............

[ATTACH]46513[/ATTACH]

All that is left is to line it and then it will become another giveaway! :)

Thank you all for such great fun and conversation!!

Thank you Amy for hosting this whole thing. I had a great time!!!

have a great day everyone

:heart

:mug

That is a beautiful bag!

Hope everyone is recovering from yesterday and not too many Yarn Hangovers out there.

I was so thrilled to win one of the prizes. Already trying to decide what I want to do with the yarn. Thank You Amy and all who supplied the prizes.

It made for a fun an interesting day. Though I have a feeling me and my hook will get a lot more done today without all the festivities to keep an eye on. Still I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

:cheerCongratulations to all the winners!

Thanks Amy for a really fun on-line event!:)

Now I need to try to catch up on the projects that didn't get finished yesterday;I spent too much time here instead of crocheting. But it was a lot of fun!:crocheting:hook

Archived