CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

Im not entering the giveaways as I missed the first couple, but in honor of today, I have crocheted in public, and given a hat away to a child in a waiting room, AND stopped off and bought a few essentials for my stash! Hows that for celebrating! Oh, and before all that, i did finsih up some lose ends on a ghan, i had made way a long time ago, but wanted it bigger, so had to finsih up some sqaures to add a couple more rows, it look delicious now, and warm as all get out, fits on my queen bed, just have to add maybe one more row, to the sides, and then the trim, it's a biggie, about 72 by 90 or so, i think, Im not sure, just really turned out good though, luckilly was able to add on and crochet them together, with the same yarn i used for the orignal putting them together. I will take a pic soon!

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, i'm curious what all do you do when crocheting? I've noticed a few get to crochet at work (love that!) I'm one of those people who require noise most of the time so I usually have a movie on (or more than likely a movie for my son, currently he's watching TMNT Heroes in a halfshell: turtle power, go ninja, go ninja, go :) ). Right now I'm in my crochet corner of the day (my bed) and he's in the other room so I've got my iTunes going with a little Dream Theater. How about you all? Is crochet all you do or do you mix pleasures?

I'm crocheting while catching up on my dvr'd Warehouse 13 episodes. :bounce

LOVELY patterns for #3! I'm really diggin' the tunisian spiral pattern.

Kathy, that is such great news! I'm very happy for you and I hope it all goes smoothly. Here's an e-hug from me!

So, i'm curious what all do you do when crocheting? I've noticed a few get to crochet at work (love that!) I'm one of those people who require noise most of the time so I usually have a movie on (or more than likely a movie for my son, currently he's watching TMNT Heroes in a halfshell: turtle power, go ninja, go ninja, go :) ). Right now I'm in my crochet corner of the day (my bed) and he's in the other room so I've got my iTunes going with a little Dream Theater. How about you all? Is crochet all you do or do you mix pleasures?

We live full-time in a motorhome (currently parked in Gold Beach, OR) so when crocheting I'm on the couch with my laptop on a little folding table in front of me. If I'm alone, and depending on my mood, I may have a movie on it - usually an old favorite to keep me company. But probably most of the time I prefer it quiet so I'll crochet, watch the ocean waves outside, and check in here/facebook/wherever. :-)

:heart that you typed that all out (I'm now singing it in my head!!)

Today, I am listening to the wind blow things around outside, all while keeping up with Fb! My phone is steadily beeping with each new reply to the thread, almost like a melody! Sometimes I listen to music or the t.v. in the background.

My phone is steadily beeping with each new reply to the thread, almost like a melody! Sometimes I listen to music or the t.v. in the background.

LOL - my blackberry is buzzing its little heart out with all the thread replies too!!

pam: The ocean makes music for the soul :)

oh, and tiffer: its one of them songs that get stuck :) enjoy lol

We live full-time in a motorhome (currently parked in Gold Beach, OR) so when crocheting I'm on the couch with my laptop on a little folding table in front of me. If I'm alone, and depending on my mood, I may have a movie on it - usually an old favorite to keep me company. But probably most of the time I prefer it quiet so I'll crochet, watch the ocean waves outside, and check in here/facebook/wherever. :-)

Oh how fun that must be! My husband and I have talked about possibly doing that later down the road, once the kids have all gone away to college or on their own. I love to travel and that sounds like such a cool adventure!

I crochet while waiting (at doc's offices, at kids' activities, even at work, when it's quiet.) At home, I like to crochet where it's quiet if the pattern is challenging or changes a lot. If it's boring and repetitive, I need music or tv to keep me going. My favorite is crocheting with my friends, though. We talk, solve all the world's problems, drink coffee, and crochet away!

I'm confused... I thought #3 was until 2:30... Now I don't know whether I entered during the correct time frame. :(

It's until 2:30 central time. You're still ok to enter for the next 34 minutes!

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go :) Gotta love it :) I crochet it the car, or rockin out with some music ( annoyingly loud ) and anywhere I can I can get a few moments to my self

I'm confused... I thought #3 was until 2:30... Now I don't know whether I entered during the correct time frame. :(

if you were able to enter....you should be good. as i understand it the form isn't open except when a giveaway is active :) hope you got in in time :)

My favorite is crocheting with my friends, though. We talk, solve all the world's problems, drink coffee, and crochet away!

until here......I haven't crochet with anyone in sooooo long! Thank you to everyone who is here :D

Oh how fun that must be! My husband and I have talked about possibly doing that later down the road, once the kids have all gone away to college or on their own. I love to travel and that sounds like such a cool adventure!

It's definitely a dream come true for us! We've been full-time since April of last year and plan to do it however long it's still fun. :-) We went to Alaska this past summer!! :-D

Good Afternoon every one:

Wow I'm sorry i'm a bit late for the party but I had a good time this morning i went to our local thrift shop and they had the nerve to have some crochet world issues free and the best thing is i dont have them so you know i grab them..

Then i looked in their other sale items section and found some crochet pattern leaflets and booklets for my fall yarn swap partner.....

Now i'm back home and I will be crocheting on some children hats to donate to Dorothysgirls for her charity...

So gonna grab my hooks and yarn and be back on here right aways

Dinner is done so i dont even got to do that yeah for left overs....

Lets keep having fun ladies

hugs

Lillibet

Interesting statistics:

Giveaway 1: 59 entries

Giveaway 2: 131 entries

Giveaway 3: 56 entries so far, one hour left to enter

I'm entered!! :yes

Amy, as a side-note, if I happen to be the lucky winner of the Gathered Tortoise Shells Tote pattern, would you please choose someone else? I already have that wonderful pattern!! :wink Thank you!!

It's definitely a dream come true for us! We've been full-time since April of last year and plan to do it however long it's still fun. :-) We went to Alaska this past summer!! :-D

I'm so jealous (in a good, healthy way :) ) enjoy a little extra for all of those, like me, who would love to be in your shoes....even for a week, or month, or year lol :)

this is an awesome idea!

I entered this latest one (till 3:30) - I think the entry went through, even though I wasn't logged in at the time I submitted it!

I am the same where I need noise. I usually have the TV on playing a show or a movie. I can't seem to fully get into the groove without the noise of the TV or something.

In addition to crochet I also tat. It is nice to switch between the two, especially when I don't have the yarn/money for a full crochet project. It is often cheaper to get thread for a tatting project.

I have kinda cheated on yarn day and I was tatting, but in a little bit I am going to start crocheting a bath rug with some cotton yarn I got from taking apart an old sweater.

My husband and I spent about a month this summer camping at different lakes here in KY. That was quite fun, and I look forward to doing it again as soon as we can! The conveniences of a RV however, do sound nice!

When I say camping, I mean literally. No fancy campgrounds with facilities. Roughing it! I must say that I think I had more fun than ever before on our trip though.

I have my radio going 24/7

I love to sing along as I'm crocheting!

Today... I'm in my living room... so I can hang out with my hubby and son while I play along on here! :hook

:heart

:mug

Archived