CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for tomorrow, lol! I picked up a skein of yarn for my hat yesterday and today I'll print off the pattern. I have plans to get my family more self sufficient for the day too ;) Hubby is home so between him and the olders I hope to have a mini yarn vacation, lol.

I can't wait to get the party started tomorrow morning!!!! I'm picking out some projects now. :hook

Also thinking about the things we're going to give away. I have a whole big bag of stuff to choose from!

So, its almost the 14th for me here on the east coast usa.....almost the beginning of I love yarn day :) as far as the clock knows :) I'm gonna be up watching movies with my love and crocheting :) tee hee hee :)

I'm hoping I'll be able to check in off and on during the day. We're at my husband's parents' house with the twin toddlers, so its just a matter of "do I have enough time to do this before this one wakes up or screams?" LOL

Yes!!!

I'm ecstatic!

I'll be here with my hooks & yarns & coffee & a big ol' smile!

So I have to change it to hooks & yarns & DayQuil & some tissues, but I'm HERE! LOL :hook

I'm going to be travelling that day. My husband & I will be driving up to Kansas to visit our daughter at college. "But" rest assured, I always have a crochet project! I'll probably take my yarn for my Special Olympics scarf with me, and crochet in the car. :crocheting

I usually keep my "emergency yarn" (as my husband calls it) in the glovebox of my car. :devil It consists of a ball of cotton yarn & a "g" hook so I can make a dishcloth. I know it sounds strange, but it comes in handy if I get stuck somewhere waiting, like the doctor's office. :yes And I am very lucky that I can crochet at work too! And I do! :hook

Maybe it's finally time for me to invest in a smart phone, so I can check in here while I'm travelling on Friday. :blush

Emergency yarn in the car?! OMGosh that's a brilliant idea!

Yes, a smart phone would be a good choice! They come in handy in other ways too!

I am trying to decide on something pink to make on Friday in honor of breast cancer awareness. Any suggestions? I am sure I can find plenty of pink choices in my stash.

A hat & scarf set since it's autumn now? Or perhaps a nifty tote or shawl?

I am going to use I Love Yarn Day to mark the crafting of my first ever Friendship-ghan square. :D

:wooThat's awesome!

Midnight :) I love yarn day !!!!!

Yes! I'm here, ready to begin a new project with everyone. Since it's still so very early, I think I'll hunt Ravelry or CPC for a good pattern. I think I'll also do something for BCA month.. I'll check back in a bit!

This is great!! I'd already told my husband I was staying HOME tomorrow (too much running around lately). I would - of course - be crocheting for a relaxing at home day anyway, so this is perfect!!

I'm on the west coast, so I'm sure you guys will be going strong by the time I get up and log in - but I'll be here!!

:hook

I'll be at work probably until 7pm but will try to check in from time to time. I can access the site on my phone, but it's small so probably won't stay long.

I'm in between projects but have some HAP rectangles to do so I'll probably be working on that tomorrow.

Yay! I love yarn day!:cheer I have to go to work but will check in and I have a project in my purse to work on during my lunch break. Have a great day playing with your yarn everyone.

Whoo-hoo!!! i want to play, too! I will be trying a pattern I saw with three skinny scarves braided to make a thicker scarf.

Happy I love yarn day!!!:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:manyheart:hook

Good morning!! Happy I LOVE YARN Day one and all!!!:yarn

Will be getting ready to head out to Paradise (aka work) in a bit, and will be thinking of you all having fun while I'm toiling away!:lol:lol

I can't wait till later when I can join in on the fun!!!:hook

Yeah!!!!:clap It's time for the party:party to begin. I was hoping I would be the first to post today:bow but I wasn't.:no I'm not sure why I wanted to be first:scrachin other than it would be fun. I will be working:crocheting on a scarf today. It matches a cap I just finished the other day. This will be the second set of cap and matching scarf I have made in recent days. The scarf of the first set is rows of double crochet until it was long enough. I used a taupe (Caron 1 pounder) as the predominant color and stripes of Carrot and Cornmeal (RHSS). The matching cap was done in the Cornmeal color (PHSS). I used a pattern from the October issue of Crochet World mag for the cap/beanie. The pattern calls for some rows of FPDC. I have heard of this stitch and remember practicing it some but don't think I have used it in anything I have crocheted in recent years. The set I am working on now is done in Turqua (RHSS). The cap/beanie was my own design. For some of it I did my regular basic beanie done in rounds of DC. Then I added several rows of the FPDC and finished it off with two rows of regular DC and the last row was of SC. The scarf is strictly rows of DC until it gets to a good length. I don't have anyone in particular I am making these for. I think I will just donate them to my church's clothes closet. I wish I could post pictures of them but am not able to. One of these days that will change.

Let the :party party begin. I hope everyone has a fun but safe day for the ones who have to leave their homes. I will be at home all day as I am most days but just won't be on the computer :compute all day as hubby will be on it a good part of the day. So while he is on it I will be :crocheting and drinking :mug coffee. :jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

I am going to use I Love Yarn Day to mark the crafting of my first ever Friendship-ghan square. :D

:woo

Quoting myself :haha

Found the square I'm making and its one of our very own Champygirl's designs :) And I know who its going to as well.

Will it be you? :manyheart

Archived