CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I *think* I'm caught up on the posts! It *does* feel a bit like Christmas morning - how fun!

My first priority today is to finish a Santa diaper set - just have to put the bells and "fur" trim on them & it'll be DONE. Then I'm picking up my latest WIP socks - I've gotten totally hooked (ha ha, get it?? hooked?? :-P) on making socks the past few weeks. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!

Let me know how the Bernat ribbon yarn works out. It was nice to see some less expensive ribbon yarn available. It makes gift giving those cool scarves easier.

The Bernat yarn should work out just fine after I straighten it out! I'll probably leave it wound around the cardboard for a few days to make sure it's nice and relaxed before I start working with it.

Oh, my Michaels had the Bernat pink breast cancer awareness ruffle yarn on clearance the other day. It was all gone, but there might be some left in other stores. I think they had it for just $1 a skein! You only need one skein for a scarf.

The Bernat yarn should work out just fine after I straighten it out! I'll probably leave it wound around the cardboard for a few days to make sure it's nice and relaxed before I start working with it.

Oh, my Michaels had the Bernat pink breast cancer awareness ruffle yarn on clearance the other day. It was all gone, but there might be some left in other stores. I think they had it for just $1 a skein! You only need one skein for a scarf.

When I used the Trendsetter Cha Cha yarn, I wrapped it around cardboard even though it was already flat. It made working with it on the cabled hook easier.

Thanks for the details! :D

Okay, I'm caught back up again now. I got a bit behind: my dad came over with some stuff to put in a care package we're sending to my daughter at college.

She and her friends love to make cupcakes. The dorms have full kitchens that they can use, but the kitchens don't have any supplies. So we're sending all sorts of fun stuff:

regular and mini size cupcake pans

cupcake liners

frosting bags and decorative tips

a cupcake decorating book

cake mixes and frostings

sprinkles

some other stuff that I can't remember

She'll have to buy her own eggs and vegetable oil, as I'm not trying to ship those things! LOL

Unrelated to the cupcakes, my parents also got her some Keurig coffee and hot chocolate cups.

I love RH Shimmer - I have a bunch in Purple and Fuschia so I'm NOT going to enter this giveaway, I really DO need to use up the Shimmer I currently have.

I will say that I use a smaller hook than called for AND my tension works up fine usually, and Shimmer tends to work up loose for me. But its beautiful and a lot of yarns that have the metallic sparkle to it are scratchy, Shimmer is NOT, it is very soft.

I just wound my Cha Cha up into balls. Right now, the burgundy and cream stuff I'm working with is actually Rozetti Tundra.

Ok, I am all caught up on posts! Congrats Robyn for winning the calendar! And I definitely entered for the shimmer yarn - now I can sit here and dream about what I would make with it!

I am working on my daughter's ripple blanket today... I have only completed the second row, so should keep me busy all day!

I am working on my daughter's ripple blanket today... I have only completed the second row, so should keep me busy all day!

Actually, I lied! I have until Christmas to get that blanket done! I think I will go grab the breast cancer awareness skeins I got on clearance last year, and make a scarf!

Happy Yarn day everyone! Just entered for the shimmer yarn giveaway. Was just looking at that the other day in the yarn store and was thinking it would make a cute little lacy cardigan.

Carlinda :dog

As a previous poster said, Red Heart Shimmer is quite soft especially considering the metallic thread running throughout the yarn. I made this jacket out of Shimmer. The color is "Lime". The metallic thread is nice because it's not over bearing and gives a nice look of light throughout. One of my favs!

post-28827-135897703741_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897703744_thumb.jpg

I am at work and my partner in crime is sitting behind me just yarning away. She is a member on this site, but she isn't on if very often. So I thought if she saw her picture on it and you all gave her a shout out we could get her to visit more often. Her name is Jean.

:hi Jean

Love YA

post-48824-135897703725_thumb.jpg

I am at work and my partner in crime is sitting behind me just yarning away. She is a member on this site, but she isn't on if very often. So I thought if she saw her picture on it and you all gave her a shout out we could get her to visit more often. Her name is Jean.

Love YA

Hi Jean!!! (How fun to be able to yarn away at work when you're not busy!!)

Just got back from getting my son out of school early! He is off to some video game competition (as a spectator) with a few friends. It is the one boy's birthday celebration.

I managed to finish one Juggling ball. Two more to go and if I finish I will post a picture.

Got my cotton coffee cozies done. Hmm. Wish I had some Starbucks to go with it. :lol

Very Nice!!!!.... :cup this isnt starbucks but its all I can share....... :D

:heart

:mug

As a previous poster said, Red Heart Shimmer is quite soft especially considering the metallic thread running throughout the yarn. I made this jacket out of Shimmer. The color is "Lime". The metallic thread is nice because it's not over bearing and gives a nice look of light throughout. One of my favs!

That's beautiful! I'm not a fan of bright green clothing, and I have to say that is one pretty jacket! :D

Love YA

Hi Jean!! :hi Happy I Love Yarn Day... ;)

Archived