RoseRed

Laptop cozies - What do you think?

I just wrote a blog post on why I won't be making a laptop cozy. Mostly, it has to do with the fuzzies that yarn gives off.

I'm curious tho - those of you that have made them or plan to make on - what are your thoughts on the topic?

(For anyone that's interested you can find the blog post here http://rosereddesigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/thoughts-on-laptop-covers-are-they-good.html )

I made one with thread ( 2 strands held together), and am quite happy with it. No fuzzy bits in thread.

I didn't make a laptop cozie, but I did make one for my tablet.

I used 100% cotton thread, because I knew it wouldn't scratch the screen or leave fuzzies, because I think that cotton thread tends to be smoother. I think it turned out well.

So basically if you find a good smooth thread, you shouldn't have too much trouble with fuzzies all over the place. I recommend not placing your laptop on top of anything made of yarn while you're using it though. The fan on the bottom is the last place you want fuzzies. Plus it could over heat.

Here's my tablet cozie.

post-26820-135897702679_thumb.jpg

That came out great and really good advice!

Thanks! :D

I never thought about the fuzzies before but you're right! Also love the tip about the cotton, I might give it a whirl for my Nook.