Very Versatile Ladies "Crusher" Hat

DelightfulTrifles

This is my favorite hat to make - simple single crochet, fast, all one piece. It's called a crusher because it can be shaped into different styles -- brim down like Annie Hall, brim rolled up like a bowler style, a brim in the front only. You can even turn it so that the embellishment is on either side or in the center. It's fun to come up with new embellishments as a finishing touch. Not my original creation but "hats off" to designer Evelyn A. Clark of Fiber Trends.com.

post-53641-135897701711_thumb.jpg

post-53641-135897701714_thumb.jpg

post-53641-135897701716_thumb.jpg

post-53641-135897701718_thumb.jpg

Michele,

Love the hat...it's adorable. I even went and found the PDF and ordered it for immediate download. Do you have a favorite yarn to use for these?

Thanks,

JILLfromWI

Thanks for bringing that option up. I decided to do the same! I have been thinking about ordering it from Annie's Attic but this saved quite a bit -- $11.94 with shipping from AA and only $6.50 digitally from Fiber Trends.

Delightful Trifles -- Thanks even more for bringing up the hat to start with. Yours turned out very cute. I guess the sky's the limit for the possibilities with this hat -- different colors, yarn type, stripes or not, embellishmens or not. I am going to have some fun with this one.

Glad you liked the hat!

My favorite yarn to use is Bernat Super Value 7 oz skeins. It creates a firm thick hat that retains it's shape no matter which style you wear it in. A summer weight hat version can be made from other yarns. Like I said, I just love the versatility of the design!

Archived