sunflower/daisy square pattern..

katyallen815

reposting this as i inadvertanlty deleted it a while back, and have gotten some inquiries about it, so went looking for a copy, luckily had one stored on my computer, so here goes, one more time, and thanks to all those asking about it!! It is now published too in the Crochet Pattern Calendar too, isn't that cool!! here goes....

post-40621-135897701421_thumb.jpg

Katie’s Flower pattern square...
Sunflower/Daisy flower pattern.
  With brown, Chain 4, join with sl st to form a ring.
Ch 3, and do 15 more dc in ring. (the chain three counts as the first double crochet, here and throughout.)
Join to the top of the turning chain with a sl st. End off brown.
(16 dc)

Row 2. Join Yellow in any stitch, and Ch. 4, (counts as 1 dc, ch 1) *1 dc, ch 1 in each dc around, (16 dc and 16 ch 1 spaces.) join with sl st to top of turning ch . Sl st over one to first ch 1 space.

Round 3, Ch 3, and 1 dc in the same space. Ch 1.
In next ch 1 space *2 dc , ch 1* and Repeat from * around for a total of 16 dc groups and 16 ch 1 spaces. Join in top of turning chain, end off yellow.

Row 4.
Attach Green yarn in any chain one space, this will be the starting of your first corner.
Ch. 3, 2 dc in same stitch. *Skip next 2 dc group.
*2 sc, in next ch 1 space, sk 2 dc * repeat from * Two more times and you will be at the next corner.
Corner is made with 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc.
Continue down next side, same as above, doing *2 sc, sk next 2 dc * three times along the side until reaching next corner, where you will work 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in corner. Continue down each side, and when you reach the last corner, 3 dc, join to top of turning ch, end off green.

Row 5. Add blue to any corner, ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as ch 2 .
1 hdc in each stitch along side, (Should be 12 stitches, it‘s easy to miss that first one though, as the corner hides it, but squish up the stitches of the corner, and find that first st! ) When you reach the next corner, then 2 hdc, ch 1, 2 hdc in corner.
Continue down next side, with all hdc, (12) reaching corner, 2 hdc, ch 1, 2 hdc in that corner, Repeat sides to last corner, then 2 hdc, ch 1, join to top of turning chain, end off .

Then comes the fun part, putting them all together!

For the daisy, change the center ring to yellow( or black) Do the next two rows in white, and everything else stays the same. Any questions, and I’m sure there will be many, as this is the first time I have written out a pattern of mine for someone else to decipher through, I will try to help, just pm or email me. I claim this pattern as a me pattern, ha ha, and if someone somewhere has thought of it already, which is the case in most all granny’s, I assure you, I have never seen one quite like this, nor did I follow or copy any pattern when I made it up. Thanks, Good Luck!

post-40621-135897701411_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!!!

That is so pretty.

Lovely! Love the happy feel of it!

beautiful! and i love them both worked together :) thanks for sharing

thanks all, i loved doing them, they went fast, and they were fun! I too loved them both used togehter, and did that by design, as my friend likes sunflowers, and I like daisys, so made two, one for each, to remind us of each other, lol Anyone wondering, I used an H hook, red heart super saver, and they squares measured out for me, at right around 6 inches!

• 6 months later...

OOOh so happy to see some more of you have located this pattern and brought it back to the top! It is a lovely square for a ghan, and so versitile too, I loved making this, and in fact, made two, one for my best friend and one for me! thanks for the compliments all, enjoy!!  I made my ghans at 7 by 8 6 and a half inch blocks. You may make more, to make it larger, as I believe this measured, with border, about 56 by 48 or something like that. and don't be afraid to add more to each square to make the square larger too if you prefer 8 inch or more squares. experiement, make it you own! and most of all, have fun!

Your afghan with the sunflowers and daisies together on the blue background just makes me smile every time I've seen it. It's just such a happy 'ghan. Now, of course, I'll have to make it!

Archived