Gripeaze comfort handle

maltesergr8

Question

Has anyone ever used the Gripeaze Comfort Handle on either their crochet hooks or knotting needles?

I have arthritis in my hands & am always looking for a "cushy" type of grip for my crochet hook; I came across this Gripeaze & thought I'd ask around for opinions before ordering.

Thanks,

Beth

4 answers to this question

I am curious too -- looks so odd, I was afraid to order. I did find some relief by using JIMBO's hand-carved wood hooks. They are fatter and have a great thumb rest. They help me a great deal. I have been tempted to order a steel-sized hook from him and see if I could work with thread again.

I've always received a special peace when thread and/or yarn passed through my fingers as I created crochet things. But then I got Osteoarthritis and could no longer crochet because my hand would go into a very painful "claw" and I'd have to massage it for a long time to have it go back to normal.

After being unable to crochet for 10 YEARS, my Daughter gave me a GRIPEAZE. This simple device has given me back the love of my life - CROCHET!

It's a simple "egg". The crochet hook (paint brush, pen, pencil, etc) goes between the two halves and the velcro holds the halves together securely. You hold the GRIPEAZE with a more open hand because the fingertips hold the GRIPEAZE. I know, it sounds strange, but it was actually very easy to adapt to the GRIPEAZE. It's easier to keep my stitches uniform now. I just make sure each stitch goes to the same place on the crochet hook by the placement of the GRIPEAZE. The best part is I no longer have to deal with pain in my hands and I can once again enjoy creating!

Since October 2011, I've created hats for each of my 7 grandchildren, 3 name doilies and 5 large filet crochet wall hangings (one was 54 x 52 of a house in a country setting with the words GOD BLESS OUR HOME - another was a baby gift that was almost as large of a bear holding a balloon with the name of the baby crocheted inside the balloon) for Christmas presents!!! No one can believe that I hadn't been able to crochet for 10 years when they look at my crochet now!

I strongly encourage everyone who deals with pain in her/his hands to get a GRIPEAZE. I'd love to know what you think about it after you've used it. It has made a huge difference in my life!

Archived