Finally took the plunge! I have a Blog

Katchkan

I have resisted starting a blog for the longest time. Partially from fear of the technology. ( Okay I am an older lady not raised with a keyboard in front of me. This is still a foreign lanquage for me. ) And Partially from not being sure how much time I could devote to it.

But I decided it was never going to get easier and that I would make the time. So now you can follow what I am up to on my blog.

http://crochetnbeads.blogspot.com/

It's going to be a learn as I go propositition. Figure if I do something new each day I will slowly learn what I need to do and what I want to do. But I am allowing myself a gentle learning curve. So be patient with me.

Looks like you're off to a great start! I checked it out and the colors are lovely. If I might offer one piece of advice, (I'm a graphic designer by the way), I would change the font on your blog entries themselves to some thing a little more readable. As pretty as the italic font is, it is best used in headers and titles. As for paragraph text, you'll keep more readers if you simplify it. IMHO.

Love it so far, though. =)

Looks like you're off to a great start! I checked it out and the colors are lovely. If I might offer one piece of advice, (I'm a graphic designer by the way), I would change the font on your blog entries themselves to some thing a little more readable. As pretty as the italic font is, it is best used in headers and titles. As for paragraph text, you'll keep more readers if you simplify it. IMHO.

Love it so far, though. =)

Thanks for the advice. Will make that change

hey, it looks great!:applause I wish you all the best in your new venture.

(btw, I like the italics. I'm no graphic designer, so I don't pretend to that wisdom, but I think they suit you, and I had no trouble reading them (of course, my eyes are relatively young yet... :wink)

Keep it up. I look forward to following you! Designing is fun--when the bug bites me (on occasion) I do enjoy it for the same reasons you mentioned on your blog. My poor hooks will never keep up with my WIMs, originals or other-designed. (And doily design is still beyond me...but I love what you can do with them!)

hey, it looks great!:applause I wish you all the best in your new venture.

(btw, I like the italics. I'm no graphic designer, so I don't pretend to that wisdom, but I think they suit you, and I had no trouble reading them (of course, my eyes are relatively young yet... :wink)

Keep it up. I look forward to following you! Designing is fun--when the bug bites me (on occasion) I do enjoy it for the same reasons you mentioned on your blog. My poor hooks will never keep up with my WIMs, originals or other-designed. (And doily design is still beyond me...but I love what you can do with them!)

Thanks for the encouragement. I compromised did a simple font with an italics and and made it larger. Will get it just where I want it one day. It's a work in progress for a while

I think it looks lovely, and completely echoes the theme and romance of your doilies and shawls. I've bookmarked it since I can't add myself as a follower yet (that doesn't appear to be enable), so that I can see more gorgeous photos of your stunning work.

Patty

I will try and get that one figured out in the morning. Still doing baby steps.

Archived