sparkle814

summer garden granny square blanket in blues

This blanket is made up of squares from Lucy's pattern for the summer garden granny square, over at attic24. It's 29" square. I was just using up scraps for this and thought I might sell it on etsy, but my fiance said I should keep it for a son if we have one. :)

post-39680-135897699669_thumb.jpg

post-39680-135897699673_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I used Lucy's join as you go method so I had to really think about my "random" color choices as I made the square haha :)

For me it would be very hard to give it away... ;) So maybe you should make the second one? And don't worry, in case you don't have a son, girls like blue too :D

Absolutely Stunning! :manyheart Love the colors!

It's very nice! I'll side with the hubby too! Great work!

Thanks all! Blue is my favorite color...I'd have no problem giving this blanket to a little girlie. :)

Wow, that's really vibrant. I'd be tempted to pop it on Etsy at a price you'd really like to get and see if it goes. That way if it sells you'll feel you did really well and if not then you can keep it for the future. I really like the blues you used, especially the deep blue. Makes a change from baby blue.

I like it!

It really is beautiful! I'd keep it too, especially if you might have a child in the near future! Sometimes they just turn out too good to sell. :)

Nemomum - I was thinking the same thing! Haha! We are getting married a year from now, so if all goes according to plan it will be a minimum of a year and nine months before we have any kids. :lol I could always re-create this blanket later on...right now it might be nice to have some extra money for the wedding fund. (Or to buy more yarn! hehe)

I love it ~ and how sweet of your fiance to want to save it! :manyheart

my thinking too...smart fiancee....love all the blues...and yes,girls like blue also !!!