Christmas Mouse

fuzzy ferret

Here is a Christmas Mouse that I just completed. Its made with Aunt Lydias #10 Thread, and a size #7 steel hook. Starched and blocked on a 1 1/2" styrofoam ball with a black pom-pom for a nose and a bow on his tail. This is much cuter in RT!

Dcp_0053.jpg

Dcp_0055.jpg

Krystal :hook

Thanks everyone! :clap He was really simple to make, it was just getting him blocked that was a pain in the rear! :eek

For the one's that asked how he was done:

I took one 1-1/2" styrofoam ball and cut just a small slice off one side so he would "sit" flat.

Then I took a piece of kraft paper (something thicker than the regular 20# paper) and rolled it up to make a "cone" and pinned it to one side of the ball to make the shaping of his 'nose'

Then I covered the whole thing with plastic wrap so it would all come off easier.

Pinned the 2 pcs that make up the 'body' around the ball making sure they stretched evenly and all the stitches met so that would make the invisible seam. Let the starch dry. and then broke him apart so that I could glue him together matching up the stitches, glued on the tail, glued on the ears, and then put on his little pom-pom for his nose! :lol Tied a ribbon on his tail, and said Walah!!! FINALLY he's finished!! :eek Lot of work for such a little cutie!!--but I think he was worth it since seeing the final outcome.

The whole process of crocheting everything, the 2 pcs of the body, the 2 ears and the tail prolly only took me around 30 mins. Its just the final assembly part that took a bit longer.

Sorry, but you guys asked how it was done!! :P So I wrote a whole book. :lol

Krystal:hook

Archived