Lighted Crochet Hooks

DeborahJean

Has anyone tried the light-up crochet hooks from Herrschners? It looks like such a good idea - especially for dark yarn. But I wonder if they would be heavy. Here is the link to them. (Please let me know if I'm not allowed to put the link!:blush) http://www.herrschners.com/product/LightUp+Crochet+Hooks.aspx

I like mine very much........I bought mine because when dh and I are traveling from somewhere and we don't make it back home before it gets dark.......I can crochet....but I do have to use light colored yarn(I wear glasses so my eyes are not very good with dk. colors like black, brown, dk. purple, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one and was so disappointed. :( My daughter likes going to music shows and asked me to go. I said if I could crochet. So I bought a lighted hook at HL. It was really too bright to use as you could see the light shining up from the seats we were in but with the clear acrylic hook, it caught enough light from the stage and spotlights that it almost glowed with it's light turned off so I was still able to crochet. However, after using it just that one night and the light for only about 10 minutes, now the light won't stay on unless you squeeze the handle a certain way. :( I'm sure it's just a defect but I live over an hour away from HL so it will have to wait to be exchanged. :( Other than it messing up, I was very happy with it.

It feels like a comfort handle hook but the handle is longer and I love that. The comfort handles are too short for the way I hold them and dig into my palm. Didn't have that problem with this one.

I have several and I like them. They are not heavy. I like to use them with dark yarn, especially black. I sure wish they had something like this for thread hooks.:hook

ITA!! I :manyheart mine. They are a little bright in the tips, but I think doing like others have done & putting a dot of nail polish on the end will help that tremendously!

• 4 weeks later...
I sure wish they had something like this for thread hooks.:hook

I have the whole set of Lighted Hooks and use them time to time. I also agree with Tampa Doll They need to make them for Thread hooks to. . Hubby bought me an Ott Light for Christmas last year and love it. But you cannot take a OTT lite everywhere you want to take thread crocheting along with you. The Ott light is very bright I may say. great for thread or yarn. also great to have by the sewing machine as well.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know where I can get one of these from in AUS, or online. I don't want to spend a lot on one as I will only use it with dark wool (which isn't very often).

i buy my on ebay:cheer

Archived