Must have crochet books/magazines?

Hi,

I was thinking about investing in a few crochet books or getting a magazine subscription. Are there any books or magazines you could recommend? I consider myself an advanced beginner. I've looked at a bunch of crochet books at the book store but none of them called out to me. I prefer more modern designs but I also like some traditional as well.

Thanks!

Kristen

Must have books:

The Crochet Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden (book is hardback but with spiral pages)

Encyclopedia Of Crochet by Donna Kooler (soft back, a Leisure Arts Publication)

Encyclopedia of Crochet is a must

One book I notice I look at more and more is: Crochet School a Complete Course

And if your someone who makes squares for comfortghans or just likes grannies then any of the squares books...99 granny squares, 101 granny squares....etc

And if your a thready wanna be or beginner there are several books about learning thread crochet....it just helps to lay the ground work.

I guess in theory the book must haves list can be endless because we all NEED/WANT different books for different reasons...clothing, toys...etc :)

I absolutely love the the premiere issue of Family Circle easy Crochet magazine.

There's a lot fellow hookers who are having trouble locating this magazine - I was able to find a copy at a local Barnes & Noble bookstore.

The Encyclopedia of Crochet, I love it. It has technique information, a variety of stitch patterns, and some technique-implementing patterns. As for magazines, well my love affair is with magazines such as ONline that I can't even get stateside so I'm no help there.

Good luck with finding the literature that you need/desire :cheer.

Au revoir,

Holiday

• 3 years later...

Archived