Glory Room!

shuttlebuggy

I spent the day in "phase 1" of getting my "Glory Room" situated!

And believe you me - I WILL be in my glory in there with all my books (paper & audio), patterns, yarn, and such!

DD is moving her furntiture both stored and from her room out next week ~ it is all stationed at this point out in our garage on tarps.

So now that her room is cleared out & cleaned out - the transformation to my "Glory Room" has begun! :yay:yay:yay

The organized craft closet that I showed pics of here on the 'Ville will now have those nice neatly organized bins moved up to the Glory Room whose closet spans one whole wall of the room!!!

Right now I have a spare dresser and sideboard to hold materials, notions, and tools. Along with craft kits (bagged kind) and the like. I have a rocker, craft light and book case (already filled with my hardbound craft and pattern books). I also have my favorite wip craft baskets in there too.

So tonight the bins will make their way up there to complete Phase 2!

I will be sure to take pics if not today - soooon - so you can see ;)

That's awesome Peggy!

Mine is a transformation of sorts but that's what makes it fun - changing it this way and that when I like! The other nice feature is that many times I crochet in bed - and the room is upstairs right across from my room - so when I get inspired at night or am in the midst of a wip that needs more yarn - I won't have to trudge all the way down to the family room (in our cellar) and wrestle with crates and totes in a tight closet space anymore!:cheer

I think I began to envision it when dd left for college some years back :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

but that was a little premature!;)

Then as we were preparing for her Bridal Shower a dear friend made her a box of doilies and when I went to pick them up from her she showed me hers and told me of how her "Glory Room" came to be when they were designing their retirement home!

So she said the best remedy for looking at the empty nest was to FILL IT! With threads - yarns - crafts and the like! ;)

And so I am following her sagely crafty advice :manyheart

...So she said the best remedy for looking at the empty nest was to FILL IT! With threads - yarns - crafts and the like! ;)

:manyheart

I love this and am saving the quote! I guess I have actually followed this advice since my youngest went off to college, without knowing my exact reason for doing so. I have bought more crochet patterns, books, yarn and supplies since he left than the whole rest of my life. I will never live long enough to use it all -- but it has filled a portion of the huge vacancy left here. I haven't used his room, it is just the same as he still comes home for breaks. But I am doing a good job at filling my craft room and starting to spill out into the main areas of the house. I need to be careful -- I may be taking this "filling" a little far. :D

Archived