Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swoosie

Looking for 'crochet pattern for 'breast feeding coverup'

4 posts in this topic

I am already starting my crochet holiday gifts and am looking for crochet patterns for: breast feeding coverup(not sewn if possible)which would be quick and easy to crochet. I am also looking for crochet patterns for: christening gowns for baby girls/boys.

you can contact me by sending an email to me at: zoowe00@yahoo.com

thanks everybody

swoosie

The linked wrap is very pretty. In general, though, I just recommend making shawls. The bulkier coverups out there make it way too obvious what you're doing, and no one wants to eat with what's essentially a blanket over their heads. Any lacy shawl pattern should give a new mama confidence without hanging a neon "Nursing in Public" sign over her head.

Here are some links to nice shawl patterns:

Beautiful Baskets Shawl (.pdf format)

Blue Jeans Shawl

Country Cotton Shawl (You'd need to make this somewhat bigger than the pattern calls for.)

Easiest Shawl Ever (Please, dear Lord, leave off the tassels...)

Elegant Shawl

Sparkling Evening Capelet (.pdf file)

Everday Shawl

Pretty in Pink Stole (.pdf file)

In general: leave off any fussy edgings, especially stuff like tassels or fringe. If you're unsure about a pattern, just ask yourself if you'd want to drape it over your face and drink a milkshake.

Ponchos are great too, because as they get older, they start pulling at the fabric and shifting it. Ponchos stay put because they are over your head and don't slip off. My daughter used to pull my wrap all the time, then I got smart!!!

Denise