ManfaMae

Penguin Scarf

Question

I have a tradition of making a new novelty scarf for my niece every year for Christmas. So far, she has a cupcake, pizza, school bus and pizza scarf. This year, she began collecting penguins so now I'm looking for a cute penguin scarf. Maybe an applique of the penguin's face for one end, a black and white striped body and an applique of the feet for the other end? Does anyone know where I could find a pattern kind of like this?

Thanks,

Samantha

2 answers to this question

Here is one like what you described, head on one end, feet on the other: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/penguin-scarf The Vogue Knitting on the Go, Scarves Book Two pattern book is on my WISH LIST! It is a smaller book, easily tucked into your project bag and contains great on-the-go scarf patterns. I especially love the flowered one on the cover. Might be at your library if you want to try before you buy. :)

There are also many penguin patterns on Ravelry that could easily be converted to a scarf by crocheting the head, then a flat black & white middle section for the scarf itself, then put the feet on the other end.

Edited by DebraKay