Has Anyone Done This Afghan?

Lynn

Question

Here is a link to the afghan. Its a free pattern from Caron that I just happened upon and I LOVE it! Only problem is its done to a chart and I have never done charted afghans before. For you guys that have done charts what should I know before attempting this?

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss_crazy_quilt.html

6 answers to this question

The charts seem to be primarily for the color pattern of the panels. I didn't look at the PDF, so there may be more there than what they put on the page. I would read all the directions completely before starting. And I would make sure I knew how to do the embroidery stitches. Otherwise, this looks to be single crochet.

I downloaded the pdf to see if there was more there but its the same that is on the website. Yes, the charts are for the color changes but are almost illegible when printed and I have a high quality printer. Very tiny too! I used to do embroidery so the embroidery stitches are easy for me.

I contacted Caron about it and got an email back today saying they were mailing me enlarged charts! I thought that was really nice!

Archived