Miss Crochet

Crazy Patchwork - Blues and Pinks/Purples

I've been experimenting with Crazy Patchwork - it looks like a Babette, but it's not. I just do stacks of 2/4/6/8-round squares, arrange them on the bed and then sew them together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. The pink/purple one is off on a journey at the moment, but I was so pleased with how it looked that I immediately started another one to use up the leftover purple scraps ... and I added lots of blues for kicks and laughs :lol

post-18038-13589769568_thumb.jpg

post-18038-135897695684_thumb.jpg

Oh wow those look great! That must have been really fun to put together. I'll take one of those for my living room, please! ;)

What a fantastic job I love the pattern and the colors you used must been really busy putting it all together.

OMG, you never cease to amaze me with the wonderful color schemes you put together! These are BEAUTIFUL!!!! :clap

Beautiful blankets but a question.. Approx. how big are they? The purpley one looks huuuuge. Musta taken a long time to do XD

Amazing! :):):)

Beautiful blankets but a question.. Approx. how big are they? The purpley one looks huuuuge. Musta taken a long time to do XD

Let me see. The pink/purple one was crocheted as a gift... Well no, I thought I'd see how it looked when it was done before I decided whether I should gift it. Then I reeeaallllyy liked it and very nearly didn't part with it at all :lol. So I made it big, just in case it really was nice :lol (I know, that sounds a bit crazy!)

It's 160 x 200 cm (63 x 79 inches). The blue one is slightly smaller because I ran out of yarn :lol. It's 140 x 180 cm (55 x 70 inches.) They do take a long time but they're nice to do, and I've now found a couple of things to do that make my life easier. I was actually going to do a blog post about how I go about making one of these, so I'll post a link in this thread when the post is up, so you can see how I approach it.

WOW Olivia they are fabulous! You must have the patience of a saint to join all those motifs together! Well done.

WOW Olivia they are fabulous! You must have the patience of a saint to join all those motifs together! Well done.

:lol:lol The sewing is okay. It's the maths that get me - they're not my strong point. I do the blanket in strips, so I measure the width in terms of rounds - for instance, one strip was 54 rounds across. I sewed it together, put it aside, and a week later tried to attach the second strip, which was 56 rounds across. You can only imagine the very unladylike squawks that accompanied that discovery! And thus I learned an important lesson: WRITE DOWN THE NUMBERS!! :lol:lol

Oh wow! Those are just exquisite! No pattern?

Those are amazing!! Great job :)