Cancer hat

SlowCrocheter

I make these on a round knitting loom. My sister loves them and can't go any where without some one asking about them. Some of the people think they are her hair. lol

Anyways made this one for her to take for the hat box where she gets her chemo. We decided to only put one a week in the box other wise one person might take them all.

I have also made a couple sitting in the waiting room waiting for her and give them away before they are even done. Just get their address and send it by mail. Got one thank you and she mentioned going to super and someone thought she had dyed her hair black.

The color is not right. It is pinker and called cotton candy fun fur. Then I add a row of single crochet so it wont stretch and fly off the head.

hat044.jpg

post-21616-13589769563_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Ok im interested in these looms, can someone tell me what is good to buy?

Thanks!

pack of four at walmart, diff.sizes, is your best bet! THey are fun and easy, once you get the hang of it, have made many many hats of all sizes on me looms!!!!! Knifty Knitter is the name of the ones I got! They I think are the original looms, but there may be knock offs by now, I don't advise knock offs, they are less durable, and just don't feel right in my hands after knifty knitters!! Hope that helps, and that hat is beautiful! I just finished up a few myself, but crocheted them this time for a change.

And Slowcrocheter, Yours is lovely, love the colors! :hugwhat size loom did you use, I usually use the second to the largest for this type of hat and this size?? I don't remember what I paid for them at the time, but Im sure they were not over 15-19 dollars for all four!

Archived