Round Ripple [My First]

TCarra

This was my first attempt at a round ripple afghan. I used yarn I had in my stash. I didn't have enough to make it large. (The uneven stripes were done intentionally.) I just wanted to have some fun trying out something new. I really enjoyed it and look forward to working on others, and getting better at it. I gave this one to my little niece, Mia, who turned 2 years old on September 1st. Thank you, RoseRed, for your beautiful work and your free pattern inspired me to try this! And thanks for looking... :)

post-28375-135897694613_thumb.jpg

Thank you all very much for your kind words!

RoseRed, before I work on another one I want to spend some time in Show and Tell so I can see other's work and how they change colors. I have a couple ideas though! :)

Nice job! I was amazed my first one turned out great too, and since then, have done lots! Not an ugly one in the bunch as you will soon find! THere is not hard and fast rules for the stripes, just do what is pleasing to YOUR eye, chances are, it will be pleasing to others as well! Good luck, and know many more will come from your hooks! they are very addicting! I know some use the Fibonachi*sp method, of 1 , 1, 2, 3, 5, 8,13, etc and I have tried that, and its quite acceptable, but no more so really then a total random number of stripes and colors. *shrugs shoulders* either way, planned or random, all look great!! it's like :2magicmagic!!

Archived