Pineapple Christmas Ornament

fuzzy ferret

Here is my latest finished project. Its a pineapple Christmas ornament form the book Called Victorian Crochet. Made with Aunt Lydias #10 thread and starched with regular cornstarch. The ball of the tassel is stuffed with a small amount of fiberfill. These will look so beautiful on a Christmas tree!

PineappleOrnament.jpg

Krystal

that is very pretty, i would add some fine glitter to it and it would shine like a million dollars. they even have spray on glitter and would make it very easy. i do that with my angels and snow flakes and it is beautiful. course yours is beautiful just the way it is. i love it thanks for sharing:hug :hug

Thanks everyone for the comments! These were so super easy to make its unreal! The whole thing took about 45 mins to make. Of course that doesn't count the starching time. I used a size 8 steel hook on these, but they would look so adorable if you used a smaller hook and made them smaller!

The ball on the tassle was super easy. I just stuffed it with a pinch of fiberfill and worked that around inside the 'ball' to get it rounded just the right way. Thats the first tassel i've ever done, and i was quite pleased with myself for having done it good on the 2nd try. The first try I broke my thread! :eek I had to pull the strings thru one of the stitches and I pulled a little too tightly and snapped it right in two! :blush I know, pretty dumb huh? :lol Live and learn I suppose!

Krystal

Very Beautiful.

It will look great on your tree.:ctree

I spent one year and did nothing but :flake's, :angel 's, balls and such for my :ctree. It really makes it extra special.

I really like your pineapple ornament.:hook

• 3 years later...

Archived