sweater for baby Miley

i'mhooked

Just finished this sweater for my new niece, due in 2 weeks :manyheart. It probably wont fit her this year, but definitely for next fall. I am happy with how it turned out, my first baby clothes! I was thinking of entering it in the local fair this weekend, what do you think?

post-17474-135897694339_thumb.jpg

post-17474-135897694345_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone! The sweater was made from the pattern "lemondrops layatte set" designed by Sheila Leslie in the 123 skein crochet book edited by Judy Crow. I did have to ask the editor for help as one of the rows had an error. I used pound of love yarn in pink and white, the original pattern is solid colors but i used 2... I was going to make matching booties and bonnet, but may just leave it as it since i want to work on some other unfinished projects.

:crocheting

Very pretty, makes me almost wish my grandbaby was going to be a girl. ...Almost... ;)

I vote to enter it in the fair, but even if you don't, you've got a winner there!

Thanks everyone!

Well, I am still trying for that blue ribbon, but i didnt do so bad! I did at least get a ribbon: honorable mention-- a pink ribbon to match the sweater ;)

The pattern is from a book 123 skein crochet, The pattern is lemondrop layette but instead of one solid color, i changed it to use two :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived