I was cleaning up my daughter's room, after she left for Spain today, and I looked in a drawer and found 6 skeins of yarn. I don't even remember buying it.

I must have put it in her drawer so my husband wouldn't see it. But I don't know when or why I bought it.

I do have a project in mind for it but it is just a goofy thing that I did.

Have you put yarn in a weird place?

:manyheart

Yes! :D I was cleaning out a closet this spring (for the first time in years) and found 2 bags of mill ends. Like you, I didn't even remember buying them, and it must have been a long time ago according to the price ---$1.99 each. :eek

Is that almost like Christmas then? :)

I would say so!!! :clap

My yarn is all over.. in totes, in bags, in baskets, etc. But I haven't hid any from myself YET. Forgot I had a color and went out to by more before checking however... GUILTY!

Oh, good. I'm not the only one.

:manyheart

I have to say I've never done that. It is silly though that you hid it from yourself.

I just found a big trash bag of material in my closet this past weekend. Knowing I put it there "so I can remember where I put it" and completely forgot I even had it at all. It was a complete surprise.

Yay, Im completely normal then! My husband has asked me to use what yarn I have before buying anymore (I know, I know, he totally has no idea) so I have to be "inventive" getting it into the house and hiding it! I have mini stashes everywhere and even a little one in my car!!! But down the back of the sofa with a crochet throw on the top hides so much, that Im not completely sure what I have hidden in there anymore so unless I pull it all out I will never be sure!

:cheerTreasure Hunt!!!!! :cheerThat is so cool, cleaning a room and finding yarn.

Nope never put it in a funny place.:hook

Once, when I didn't have to be at work 'til 11 AM, I started a square for a baby afghan. I got my lunch and went to work. When I went to make supper, I found it in the refrigerator :lol.

Ellie 13