7 Point Shell Ripple Dishcloth
post-11825-13589769379_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl September 4, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn
Size G or H hook
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Different Stitches:

Dc Decrease next 2 sts together-Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, insert hook in next specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over draw thru 2 loops on hook, yarn over pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Note: Ch2 does not count as dc.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch5, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch2, 14 dc in ring, join with sl st to first dc.
(14dc)

Rnd 2: Ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each of the next 13 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(28dc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, skip next st, 7 dc in next st, [skip next st, 1 sc in next st, skip next st, 7 dc in next st] Do this 6 times, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(7 groups of 7 dc and 7 sc) (56 sts total)

Rnd 4: Sl st in next st, ch2, yarn over, insert hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over draw thru 2 loops on hook, yarn over pull thru all 3 loops on hook (first dc decrease made of rnd), 1 dc in next st, 5 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, dc decrease next 2 sts together, [skip next st, dc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 dc in next st, 5 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, dc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times, join with sl st to first dc decrease.
(49dc, 14 dc decrease)

Rnd 5: Ch2, yarn over, insert hook in same st as joining, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over draw thru 2 loops on hook, yarn over pull, thru all 3 loops on hook (first dc decrease made of rnd), 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 5 dc in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, dc decrease next 2 sts together, [skip next st, dc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 5 dc in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, dc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times, join with sl st to first dc decrease.
(63dc, 14 dc decrease)

Rnd 6: 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 5 dc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next st, [sl st in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 5 dc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next st] Do this 6 times, join with sl st to joining sl st of Rnd 5.
(28sc, 28 hdc, 35dc, 14 sl sts)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 4, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Thanks Champygirl! I just received an order of cotton that needs patterns like this! I bought a bunch of cones while it was on sale, through a link I found on here! So your pattern will be put to good use. I'm making some Christmas baskets for family members this year and plan to fill them with crocheted items like this. I will put some Christmas colors on top so they will look pretty and festive.

Hey Champygirl...I'm running into trouble on Round 5....I've ripped this out twice and can't figure out why it's not working...wonder what I'm doing wrong? Any ideas? I counted my stitches up thru round 4 and it looks great and matches your numbers...I'm stumped!

Merry ♥

• 3 years later...
  • Donna changed the title to 7-Point Shell Ripple Dishcloth

Archived