Log Cabin Afghan

Heather414

I just wrapped up my Log Cabin Afghan today. For some reason, it took me a long time to complete. We've had a hot summer this year and the squares are done in all single crochet, so I think it was a combination of things.

I made this for my husband's niece as a housewarming gift. I usually give the nieces and nephews an afghan as a wedding gift, but she was married before I started crocheting and I do love to make them. :hook

The pattern is called Cozy Log Cabin and is in the book A Year of Afghans 1996. This is one of those books I purchased used from Amazon. I think I paid like .99 cents or something, which was a steal since it has a lot of pretty patterns in it. :)

I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn and an "H" hook. I did go down a hook size for the border to keep it from ruffling.

More pictures are on my blog if you are interested in taking a look. The link will take you directly to the post. http://heather-thegoodlife.blogspot.com/2011/09/log-by-log.html

Thanks for looking and Happy Labor Day!

post-28160-135897693694_thumb.jpg

post-28160-135897693699_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:manyheartBeautiful, beautiful, beautiful! It's just like a quilt, which I love. I'm so tempted to buy the book. I have purchased so many pattern books in the past few months that I don't know if I'll ever get to it, but I may move it to the top of the list. TFS

Archived