Donna Is Without Power After Hurricane Irene

Amy

Donna, I was so worried about you, but this is the first chance I had to get to the library and get online. So glad you were ok!

We lost power, but no flooding or trees down, surprisingly. I'm right at the coast while Donna is farther inland than I am, but she was on the "wrong" side of the winds while we had the eye over us for what seemed like a really long time.

Kathy, I am so very glad you are ok!! That's so fortunate that you had no damage. I am so glad you had the eye over you instead of being on the west side of the eye, which could have been bad. Many hugs and thank you for checking in!! :hug

Ok, here's a lighthearted it's-better-to-laugh-than-cry moment:

By the time the home insurance guy got here (minor damage to the very corner of the house), most of the tree had been cut away and he asked me to email him photos. Here was his response:

"Those are incredible pics!! You are lucky...go buy a lottery ticket."

:lol

welcome back! Glad your power's back on, and that everything is okay. (relatively speaking of course) you are indeed fortunate that the wind didn't direct the tree in another direction. hope insurance covers all the damages :)

Wowza! You were lucky. So glad everyone is safe. My sisters' and mom's houses were flooded with up to 15 inches of water, so they have lost some stuff, but there were no damages to foundations, no fallen trees, etc. Lucky, lucky, lucky, all of you. Hopefully we can now bring some luck to those not so fortunate with our help.

Patty

I am so sorry about what the storm done to the cars.your state is one of the most beautiful places to visit.the last hurricane we had was in 2005 we were with out power for 3 or 4 days so I know what that is like.the following day

there was a rose on the rose bush that had no leafs and it look like it was

frozen that way. to me it was a sign things were going to get better.my heart

goes out to you and your family.:manyheart

Archived