Donna Is Without Power After Hurricane Irene

Amy

Just wanted to give everyone an update on how Donna fared after Hurricane Irene. Her power went out Friday night about 11:00 pm, and there's no estimate as to when she might get it back. A tree fell down and totaled her car and her husband's truck. Other than that, she and her family are doing okay.

Wow. No cars--that's going to make recovery *very* difficult. Where does she live? North Carolina, eastern half? Or Tidewater Virginia? I think my sister near Raleigh made out OK, but I haven't yet heard from her, so not 100% certain....

DCM

I think Brian's car is actually driveable, but the insurance company decided to total it instead of paying to fix it. So at least they'll have transportation until they can get Donna a new car.

Donna lives not too far from the coat in NC in New Bern.

Glad to hear she and her family are ok. There is lots of damage here in NJ from the storm, and I feel very blessed that two of my DD's who live in-state are fine, as am I and DH. Even my DD in Boston is ok. Lots of flooding, and lots of damage throughout NJ from Irene. I consider myself very lucky!

Prayers for all those affected by Irene!!!

Glad to hear Donna and her family are okay.As frustrating as totaled cars and power outages are, I'm glad to hear she's okay. And prayers for a quick recovery (power back on, cars replaced) and safety for those still in the path.

Yes, great relief that Donna and our other members in the hurricane's path are okay. My family had flooded basements, but at least didn't lose their power this time (in NJ). That soil is so saturated after the wet summer they've had back east that tree damage is a still a big concern.

The east coast dodged a bullet this time for sure.

Oh bless their hearts!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the cars... but so very glad they are okay!!!

I'll be praying!

:heart

:mug

Thank you all for your concern, well wishes, and prayers! :hug:manyheart

As Amy said, we are all fine. Our power came back on yesterday around 3pm and it is glorious. It's hard to believe the power was out for only four days because it seemed like forever!

The largest tree in our yard came down. Both cars were totaled but there was only minor damage to a small corner of the roof. It could have been much worse. There are people in our neighborhood who lost literally everything they own (cars, house, and possessions) to flooding.

We will be busy cleaning up for a while!

Here are a couple of photos of our house.

irene_DSC_1732.jpg

irene_IMG00593_ed.jpg

Archived