The transformation of Gail

HappyOldCro

A 14 inch old hard plastic doll in dire need of TLC.

post-14620-135897692384_thumb.jpg

A full day of spa treatments (her head was broken/cracked where the walking mechanism attached to her) disposal of a horrid mohair wig that was very dirty and tangled, plus surgery to replace an eye that was hanging from an old string of glue. Next reconnecting her head and restringing her arms. Then borrowing another dolly's panties for her first modeling job with new socks and purchased vintage shoes.

post-14620-13589769239_thumb.jpg

Cut out clothes from a vintage pattern and give her a fitting while waiting for her new hair.

post-14620-135897692393_thumb.jpg

And finally the hair arrives and we have a lovely walking toddler :clap... or at least I think she is, ;).

post-14620-135897692396_thumb.jpg

She is named Gail after the lady I got her from.

Gail's a real beauty now, very nice!

Is that a soft sculpture lady over Gail's shoulder? She's beautiful, too! I made one, Bella, 35 years ago. (I stuffed her with my "fat" clothes after I lost weight)

aw, she turned out lovely! You are quite talented Ms. Carol!

Thanks Kay, :blush

Gail's a real beauty now, very nice!

Is that a soft sculpture lady over Gail's shoulder? She's beautiful, too! I made one, Bella, 35 years ago. (I stuffed her with my "fat" clothes after I lost weight)

It is sort of a soft sculpture, it is a sewing caddy. She comes apart to reveal 2 large cups, and there are pockets inside and out. A gift from a very talented ville member during one of the swaps. She is amazing (both the caddy and the maker, ;)).

Archived