CGOA Design Competition Deadline Extended

Amy

Posted on behalf of Doris Chan:

Due to recent geological and meteorological events, the entry deadline for the CGOA 2011 Design Competition has been extended to 6 September.* If you entry will be arriving after 31 August, please let me know at the e-mail address listed in the official competition information.* No worries.* Be safe.

Submitted by Doris Chan, Chairman CGOA 2011 Design Competition Committee

Hi, everyone! I just got a message from Doris, courtesy of Vashti Braha. Doris is without power, so no Internet. She wants everyone to know that, she's safe on high ground with no storm damage. All contest entries she's received so far are safe and sound!

I hope all our CGOA members in areas affected by the storm are also safe and sound.

Ha ha ha ha! I laugh at the irony. I just got back from overnighting my entry following an all out marathon few days getting it finished in and among the beginning of the school year. I've hardly had time to eat let alone check out the crochet inner webs.

I had played around with the idea of submitting this particular project but hadn't gotten around to it. Then I spent some time last weekend at Stitches helping out at a booth for a national crochet association (which shall remain nameless) and the charismatic leader of said organization (who shall also remain nameless) encouraged me to finish and enter. Wish she had know about the delay then :)

I'm glad it's done and off anyway. Now I get to decide what's next...

Then I spent some time last weekend at Stitches helping out at a booth for a national crochet association (which shall remain nameless) and the charismatic leader of said organization (who shall also remain nameless) encouraged me to finish and enter. Wish she had know about the delay then :)

Sorry! I didn't get the word about deadline extension until just a few minutes before I posted this. :blush

If I hadn't been so brain-dead after working the booth all weekend, I might have remembered to try to get hold of you and let you know you had a bit more time to get the entry in.

But at least you got it finished and submitted, right? Sure wish I could tell everyone what she was working on! I'll just say it's something very unique and not something we see a lot of.

Once the competition and Chain Link are over, we'll try to get photos of all the entries uploaded to the CGOA flickr photo pool.

Archived