Tampa Doll

C’Ville September 2011 Tote

Beautiful tote. And your memories sound alot like mine. September is one of my favorite months...the county fair is in late September and my birthday always falls during fair week. When I was a child my Dad would take me to the fair for my birthday....that was many years ago.

A beautiful tote bag! I'm always amazed at the color combos you keep coming up with each month... nice. I love reading your September memories.

I remember those big windows, too. Our first day was always the Wednesday after Labor Day. We had dress rehearsal trying on our new outfits for a week before school started... lol. We wore a lot of wool skirts and sweaters, I remember just about dying from the heat, but we just had to wear our new things, wooly or not. We wouldn't think of wearing our summery things to school, no way, we just had to show off these new outfits.

Does anyone remember those matching Garland wool skirts and sweater sets from the 60's?

I love the colors.. Im a september birthday too sue!. lol. Now to waite for them clues! mabey I'll be able to figure it out this time lol

This one is really pretty ,one of my favorite colors. I went to scool after labor day to ,we also pushed the windows up to open them. my favorite time of year is when it gets cooler.

You are very talanted.

Beautiful colors again! We also went back to school after labor day! I went to a private school - so we wore uniforms, so it wasn't exciting for us.

As with alot of the other ladies, Fall is my favorite time of year. I love watching the colors change, walking in the woods, and picking apples.

Your bad is very beautiful, I love those colors.

You do great work!!!

Hello from soggy MD,very nice bag Mary Jo wonderful color choices. Let the lurking :lurk begin! :lol

Very nice bag as usual Mary Jo. I can relate to alot of your September memories as well. It was traition time of year from summer to the cooler temps up north.

Although scholl started here 3 weeks ago, i always remember school starting in september in New York.

Can't wait to see the clues....:manyheart

It's beautiful, Mary Jo. Love the bag and the story. We always started school in August. I like September because it starts cooling off, fall is coming, decorations are start putting out. You know that before you know it, Christmas would be here. Before I started crocheting again, I would always get into some kind of craft craze about September and get the urge to start making things. :U

Great job again! :hug

What a GORGEOUS bag! I loved reading your school story, I love love love this time of year, windows go up, Fall is coming and my wedding anniversary is on 9/1! :D This year marks number 4 for me and the hubby. Funny enough, he always has a business conference during this time and has never been home for one of our anniversaries. LOL Oh well, we make up for it when he gets home!

OH MY, greens and pastels, what a charming bag....

Everytime I have a fav, you come up with one better, :lol

I so remember September, dresses for school, saddle shoes in later years, with crinolines, high school sweaters, oh and those Gosh awful gym suits with only 5 minutes to change... Bus and subway passes to get to high school, and mommy brigades for elementary school (where mom's took turns walking all the neighborhood kiddies to school and home). At least a half hour walk. Penmanship classes!!

The leaves turning lovely colors and how they crunched under our feet and the wheels of our bikes.

Itchy sweaters to keep the cooler breezes away, and cordurouy jumpers coming out of the closets.

Those were fun times and a respite from the heat of summer. One of my favorite songs used to be Autumn leaves...

:cheer:cheer:cheer for Mary Jo. You just keep making and sending out beautiful totes, each one different and each one with it's own story. Thank you for brightening so many of our lives.

The tote is just wonderful. I love how you match the colors so perfectly with the month its for and love all of your storys to!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the colors of that tote Mary Jo, excellent job as always. I love Sept, and not just bc it's my b-day month ;) I loved school so I always loved going back, as a student and a teacher, makes me sad that I'm not teaching this year. The recipient of that tote will be one lucky lady!

OMG! Have you ever seen that AT&T commercial with the little guy texting and he sees the new phone and just puts out his arms toward the new phone and shakes? :blush

That is how I feel about this bag. I LOVE the colors. My Favorite so far!

Thank you all for the complments. The colors surprise me everytime I make a bag. I am never sure, till they come together.

I am off to think and get things ready.:devil

Thank you all for the complments. The colors surprise me everytime I make a bag. I am never sure, till they come together.

I am off to think and get things ready.:devil

Oh, that must mean that we will soon be seeing some clues!!!:devil

Beautiful as always!:yes Can't wait for the clues! They are always so fun to try and figure out, although I usually don't!:lol Good luck and congrats to the lucky person who receives it!:hug

Another beautiful bag, as usual. But I still love mine the best. Also I just realized it has been exactly one year ago that I received mine - September Rose. My how time flies even when you are not exactly having fun. Fighting breast cancer since January 2011 has not been fun and I am not finished yet as I still need to get radiation treatments. But what brought a lot of warm memories was carrying September Rose packed with my latest crochet project and other necessities for whatever doctors' visits I had and the compliments I received on the bag.

In Louisville, KY we started school right before Labor Day weekend. No air conditioning in those days. Maybe just a day or two before Labor Day weekend if my memory serves me right. Then after Labor Day, the school year was officially underway. When I got to high school, the new part of the building was air conditioned. Oh the new clothes and new school supplies. I always loved getting a new box of crayons. I loved all the pretty colors of the crayons. Hmmm, I wonder if that is why I can't pass up a pretty color of yarn when I see it in the store or online. Of course if it is on sale or marked down that makes it even better. Hurry up with the clues as I can't wait to begin to figure out who the next member of the "Bag Ladies Club" will be.