Toys Delivered... picture heavy!!

KristieMN

First of all, a BIG thank you too everyone that donated toys this year!!

I cant tell you how happy it made me to be able to deliver 372 toys today.

In addition to the pictures in the first thread, these are the additional toys we picked up yesterday with money donations that were given to us.

post-2681-135897691749_thumb.jpg

My 2 youngest girls packed up the car last night.

post-2681-135897691758_thumb.jpg

My girls, Addie and Libby, (My oldest Becca is now in college...:() along with the Princeton MN princesses, Katie and Steph, arrived at the Ronald McDonald house around 11 am this morning.

The girls unloading the car, as well as a lady Bernice who I have talked to many times in the phone now!

post-2681-135897691768_thumb.jpg

There is a special child that is staying here, Ireland, also known as Princess Ireland! We brought her her very own crown. However, she was WAY more interested in the bag of goodies that was given to her!

post-2681-135897691778_thumb.jpg

After playing the Ireland for a bit, Katie, Steph, and Libby went for a tour of the house. Due to the heavy immunosuppresant drugs some of the children are on, anyone under 14 is not allowed in the back of the house.

post-2681-135897691795_thumb.jpg

The girls also met the resident dog Jerry as you can see in the pictures.

The girls were told of alot of the history of the house, and about the pictures and murals on the walls. There is a wall of Positrations. Only positive thoughts can go on this wall.

There is also a memorial wall for children who have passed on.

It was a very emotional tour for the girls.

While the girls were touring the house, Addie and I hung out with Ireland, her mom, and her adorable 6 year old brother.

post-2681-135897691805_thumb.jpg

(Wes got a gift bag also!)

The girls had a great time.

I am so very thankful that Katie and Steph came with us. I dont think they realize how much that really means to me.

I know they both have a greater appreciation of their own health, as well as those around them.

I am so very thankful that time and time again, when I ask for toys, I am overwhelmed with the generosity of people of Crochetville.

Being on both sides of these gifts... I MUCH prefer to be in the giving side!

We will definitely be doing the toy drive next year.

My goal is to surpass this years donation. I will have to come up with some awesome patterns to hand out!

post-2681-135897691802_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691761_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691765_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691772_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691775_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691782_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691785_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691788_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691791_thumb.jpg

post-2681-135897691799_thumb.jpg

Another very successful drive! Congratulations, Kristie, and blessings to you, your girls and your princesses. :U:ghug Wonderful pictures and stories. Thank you so much for sharing. (and if I get moving on it in time next year--you know how those WIPS can take over--I'll come up with a design for next years donors, too :D)

Another very successful drive! Congratulations, Kristie, and blessings to you, your girls and your princesses. :U:ghug Wonderful pictures and stories. Thank you so much for sharing. (and if I get moving on it in time next year--you know how those WIPS can take over--I'll come up with a design for next years donors, too :D)

Thank you!!! I would appreciate that!!

Thank you all for the kind words.

I know it was very emotional for the girls to go.

The princesses had never done anything like that before. It opened their eyes.

I have a feeling they will be wanting to go back and volunteer.

The week between Christmas and New years is slow for volunteers.

I think the entire family may just have to go down and volunteer to do something there!

Great pictures!

I am ashamed to say that my box of toys is sitting in the corner of my diningroom, boxed, addressed, the nine yards... :( Here's to next year. Is it okay to send toys early? I don't want to bombard you with boxes too early. LOL I for one know that sometimes it is hard to find places to store things.

Great pictures!

I am ashamed to say that my box of toys is sitting in the corner of my diningroom, boxed, addressed, the nine yards... :( Here's to next year. Is it okay to send toys early? I don't want to bombard you with boxes too early. LOL I for one know that sometimes it is hard to find places to store things.

You can send the toys any time you want!

As a matter of fact, we are planning a December visit also.

Any stray toys can be delivered then.

On a more serious note, Princess Ireland...who we went to visit at Ronald McDonald house, is extremely sick.

She needs our prayers desperately.

Here is her site again

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/irelandkaymeyer

Link is clickable.

Thank you!

Archived