1 x-mas ornament from each state

Nikkidear

Each year I send a package through any solder with a bunch of Christmas goodies and decorations. This year I'd like to do something a little different. I was hoping to make up a package with help from the good people here. I'll still fill it up with goodies, but I was thinking wouldn't it be great if I could get 1 person from each of the 50 states to make 1 ornament and put it in a card with some well wishes for the troops. Then each person can write the state name on the outside of the envelope. and stick it in another slightly larger envelope and send it to me. Then when the solders open the package it will be like getting a hug from the entire USA. The ornament can be crafted by whatever means you'd like, crochet, knitting, plastic canvas, cross stitch, etc. I'll represent Tennessee. Who would like to represent their state and pledge one ornament? I'd like to send this out by mid to late November to make sure it arrives in time.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To make this easy to track...

Alabama - sparky136 from ravelry

Alaska

Arizona - happykat826

Arkansas - sopo

California - dragonlady

Colorado - Nira

Connecticut - #1Crochetfan

Delaware - chichiwawa

Florida -Tampa Doll

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho - knitnsocks

Illinois - claydancer from ravelry

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky - Blueat40

Louisiana

Maine - smittymom3 from ravelry

Maryland

Massachusetts - grannyannie

Michigan - schelscat

Minnesota - WendySue

Mississippi

Missouri - magiccrochetfan

Montana

Nebraska -teakaycee

Nevada - bigfunfam

New Hampshire

New Jersey - My Mum!

New Mexico - Laughingwolf from ravelry

New York - pineknott

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio -Becky Morgan

Oklahoma - Terri/LadySorce

Oregon -pilots13 from ravelry

Pennsylvania - HappyOldCro

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota - Nira :)

Tennessee - me :)

Texas - Chiscrochetcrazy

Utah - HilsGal from ravelry

Vermont

Virginia - PiscesCrocheter

Washington - antara

West Virginia -AshyN

Wisconsin - angelfire

Wyoming

Green means it's done and here :)

I'll do Missouri.:) A couple of years ago a Ville member asked for state ornaments for her son returning from service. I made an ornament in the shape of the state for her so I'm sure I can freehand that again.

I would like to do PA. Does it have to be the shape of the state? Or can it be something symbolic of the state?

it can be any type of ornament you would like, state related or just plan Christmas related. Whatever you feel like making i'm sure it will be treasured!

Are you only sending out one package? So you only need one from each state?

Exactly. i usually send out one large package each x-mas [and a few smaller ones throughout the year too] and fill it with treats and decorations. The last few years i was in college, and was able to fill it with cards from the school staff and classmates too, but this year i moved so i thought it would be great to represent each state with a handmade ornament in a card. This way when the solder or chaplain opens the package and hands out cards and treats, they can see how much we all love and support them. i think that when they see that all these different people took a little time out of their busy schedules to make something for a stranger far from home, that we might be able to send a little Christmas spirit too!

I will represent Rhode Island. My oldest son is going into the Coast Guard Sept 27th, so I know how dear packages from people who care will be to your recipient.

As soon as I have my ornament done, I will contact to for shipping details.

Thanks,

Donna

Are you wanting us to include a card too? I can easily do that. I made my stocking yesterday and was thinking about tucking a note of support and thanks inside. I thought it was kinda small but my fiancee told me it's about the same size as most of our ornaments. I may make a matching green one and tie them together at the top. I got this pattern off ravelry for free.

post-48941-135897691886_thumb.jpg

If you don't get enough folks, I can do California and NY. Lived in those states for 8 years and 48 years respectively...So I do know how they feel about the troops....

Are you wanting us to include a card too? I can easily do that. I made my stocking yesterday and was thinking about tucking a note of support and thanks inside. I thought it was kinda small but my fiancee told me it's about the same size as most of our ornaments. I may make a matching green one and tie them together at the top. I got this pattern off ravelry for free.

Adorable stocking!

Are you wanting us to include a card too? I can easily do that. I made my stocking yesterday and was thinking about tucking a note of support and thanks inside.

Yes a card please. This way you can write the name of your state on the front for the soldier. Very cute!

Archived