1 x-mas ornament from each state

Nikkidear

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my goodness, I'm finding it harder to find/make an appropriate card than it was to decide on an ornament!!!:think

I had the same problem. I used a card program I had and just made a few tweaks to cards they already had.

My cards with ornaments in them are packaged up and ready to be mailed out next week. Darn payday (fiancee's, I'm a stay at home mom) never gets here fast enough! :lol BTW my fiancee loved this idea too!

I had the same problem. I used a card program I had and just made a few tweaks to cards they already had.

I think that is what I will do too! I just have to load the program back on my pc, I removed it a while back cause it was just taking up space and I wasn't using it as much as I did before. Thanks for the reminder, :hook

Mine is all done, and I made a card. It is all ready to mail as soon as the weather cooperates and some of our main roads are open again. Lee turned my Garage into a wading pool....

Pm'ed everyone. My Mum flew in this past week for my B-day and she decided she wanted to make a troop ornament. This was a big surprise as she is not the crafty type. So we went to ACMoore and bought one of the snowflake beading kits. She cursed at it for about an hour, but in the end she actually did it. So proud of her! She kept saying if it was for anyone accept the troops I'd tell you where you could put this kit, and a bunch of other stuff I can't repeat. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. So NJ is done...lol.

I love your stockings ornament, Nira!:clap:) and I can't wait to see yours, Tampadoll:cheer!

I finally have mine done for Connecticut. I had my heart set on doing a Robin redbreast since that is our state bird, so I took a few photos and tried to recreate the ornament as close to how a real one looks as I could. I wanted to have it sitting on a oak tree branch, but I think it would be too much so I'm leaving it as is. Now, I need to work on a card and get it off. I can't wait to see your mum's ornament, Nikkidear.:D

I absolutely love making ornaments. I think I may want to create a crocheted bald eagle one next.

post-3193-135897695849_thumb.jpg

What a beautiful ornament of the robin red breast, your work as usual is always so lovely.

And the mittens are just precious...

I forgot about pics...so here is a description. Well I made 2 flat gold bells attached by a cord from the ring on top of one to the other. One is a Christmas bell with white edging and the other a symbol of the Liberty Bell with the clapper showing. I thought the Liberty bell was a good symbol for PA, for someone in the military. The cord is like a loop that can be used to hang the bells on a hook, button, nail, beltloop, etc...

And they can also be used as a bookmark with one bell inside marking the page and the other on the outside of the book. I wasn't aware that we would have to post pics of our ornaments, sorry :embar.

Pm'ed everyone. My Mum flew in this past week for my B-day and she decided she wanted to make a troop ornament. This was a big surprise as she is not the crafty type. So we went to ACMoore and bought one of the snowflake beading kits. She cursed at it for about an hour, but in the end she actually did it. So proud of her! She kept saying if it was for anyone accept the troops I'd tell you where you could put this kit, and a bunch of other stuff I can't repeat. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. So NJ is done...lol.

That's so funny! Looking forward to seeing the pic!

Florida is done and I will have a picture to post before I mail it.

It is a little different, but I think you will like it.:hook

Ooohhh, can't wait to see it!

I love your stockings ornament, Nira!:clap:) and I can't wait to see yours, Tampadoll:cheer!

I finally have mine done for Connecticut. I had my heart set on doing a Robin redbreast since that is our state bird, so I took a few photos and tried to recreate the ornament as close to how a real one looks as I could. I wanted to have it sitting on a oak tree branch, but I think it would be too much so I'm leaving it as is. Now, I need to work on a card and get it off. I can't wait to see your mum's ornament, Nikkidear.:D

I absolutely love making ornaments. I think I may want to create a crocheted bald eagle one next.

Wow, love it!!!

I've made a couple of ornaments, but I can't make up my mind which one I like best so I'm still working on it! This is so tough! :lol

Here is my ornament. Like #1Crochetfan, I made something you think of when you think of Florida. I made a Flamingo.:hook

post-105-135897696018_thumb.jpg

It is in the mail today. I left the card envelope open, incase you want to see it.:hook So glad I could help.

post-105-135897696021_thumb.jpg

Here is my ornament. Like #1Crochetfan, I made something you think of when you think of Florida. I made a Flamingo.:hook

[ATTACH]45218[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45217[/ATTACH]

It is in the mail today. I left the card envelope open, incase you want to see it.:hook So glad I could help.

Very cool! I love the little tree charm!

Archived