Cat nap 18" doll

darski

Cat Nap – 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897689768_thumb.jpg

Nightgown…

post-4896-135897689776_thumb.jpg

5.5mm hook and WW yarn… ch 30

Note this is a hefty WW yarn – it is only 11 wpi (wraps per inch) I would have liked a lighter yarn but I wanted this colour. <<sigh>> )

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and in next ch, [4 dc in next, dc in 6] 3 times, 4dc in next, dc in 3.

Row 2: dc in 4, [2dc in next, ch1, 2dc in next, dc in 8] 3 times, 2dc in next, ch1, 2dc in next, dc in 4.

Row 3: sc up to and into ch 1 sp, ch 4, sk to next ch 1 sp, sc to next ch 1, sp, ch 4, sk to next ch sp, sc to end.

Row 4: dc in 3, 3dc in next, dc in 10, 3dc in next, dc in 6, 3dc in next, dc in 10, 3dc in next, dc in 3. Note: I think working into the chain sts is better but if yours are going to argue just crochet over them J )

Rows 5-7 : dc evenly. Join at the end of row 7.

Rows 8-18 : dc evenly. If your turn after each row you can keep the look of the ‘fabric’ the same.

Work the usual trim row around the back edges with a ch 3 loop around the neck edge.

Cat motif…

Zebra yarn (or any vary yarn) and 5.mm hook ch 16…

Row 1: 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in 2, hdc in 5, dc in 6, [2dc, ch1, 3dc, ch1, 2dc] in last ch, dc in 6, hdc in 5, sc in 2, 2 more sc in beg. Ch.

Row 2: 2 hdc in 2, hdc to ch 1 space, [2dc, ch1, 1dc] in ch1 space, dc in 3, [1dc, ch1, 2dc] in ch 1 space, hdc to last, 2 hdc in last.

Break off leaving a goodly tail for sewing it to the nightie. I sewed it near the edge of the first row so it seems loose. – well you choose how you want it sewn on.

Head… ch 2

Row 1: 10 hdc in 2nd ch from hook.

Row 2: 2 dc in each hdc. Break off leaving a goodly tail for sewing.

Ears… I think this could have been done better. My ears should have been further apart. (live and learn) Actually I should have made the head wider… oh dear L

Sc in dc, ch 2, sc in 2nd ch form hook and down edge of sc, slst to next ear location and repeat.

Add button eyes if you wish.

Create the tail using surface crochet.

Slippers…

post-4896-135897689779_thumb.jpg

WW yarn and 4.5mm hook…ch 6

Row 1: 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in 2, 6hdc in last ch, hdc in 2, sc in next, 2 more sc in beg ch.. Join.

Row 2: work around in hdc making increases on ends to keep sole flat – don’t skimp.

Row 3: sc around as in row 2. (I have 32 sc at this point – close is good enough)

Row 4: flip good side down and work FPsc around. Turn

Row 5: hdc around making 4 dec – 2 at the heel and 2 at the toe areas. Break off green and att fake fur yarn.

Row 6: remember to work to the wrong side to get the best ‘fur’ look. Hdc around working 10 decreases at the front.

Row 7: work around in hdc dec. remember that you have to get this on the foot but make the opening as small as you can and still put it on.

Housecoat…

post-4896-135897689786_thumb.jpg

WW yarn & 6.mm hook.. ch 27

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, * dc in 1, 2dc in next* rep to end. (38 dc)

Row 2: dc in 5, 3dc in next, dc in 7, 3dc in next, dc in 10, 3dc in next, dc in 7, dc in 5.

Row 3: dc in 6 , 3dc in next, dc in 9, 3dc in next, dc in 12, 3dc in next, dc in 9, dc in 6. Break off Dark Green. Att white yarn.

Row 4: dc in 7 , 3dc in next, dc in 11, 3dc in next, dc in 14, 3dc in next, dc in 11, dc in 7.

Row 5: dc in 9, sk 13, dc in 18, sk 13, dc in 9.

Row 6: dc across but work an increase under ea armhole

Row 7: dc across but work an inc between the increase sts from row 6.

Row 8: dc across but work 2dc into increase sts from row 7 and work a 3dc group at centre back

Row 9: dc across but work an inc between the (side seam) increase sts from row 8.

Continue in the established (increase) pattern to row 16…At this point you can make a choice. You can continue with the plain white in which case you just continue to work the rows until it covers the nightgown. Finish with a ch3 loop trim.

OR.. secure white but DNBO

Row 17: att mint green and work across in sc. Secure mint but DNBO.

Row 18: pick up white...sc across and DNBO

Row 19: att dk green and sc across. Break off .

Row 20: pick up white and sc across. Break off white.

Row 21: pick up mint and sc across. Turn.

Row 22: dc evenly across.

Row 23: work ch 4 loop trim along hem. Break off.

Att dk green at lower right edge and sc up right edge adding in button loops if you wish, work ch 3 loops along neck edge, sc along left edge. Break off and tidy all ends.

Sleeves…

Att white yarn in base of armhole and work in dc. Work 2 dc in the 10 sts over the cap of the armhole.

Row 2: dc evenly around.

Row 3: dc around working 10 decreases.

Rows 4-6 dc evenly.

Row 7: I switched to a 5.5mm hook and did a cuff in hdc. I liked the look but do whatever would work for you.

post-4896-135897689791_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2011

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897689755_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897689772_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897689782_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived