I have taught myself crochet, so what I know is very limited. My family is wondering just how many washclothes I can make ;) I was trying to understand a term, searched, and came across this site--it looks like just what I need. Since I started collecting yarns and patterns, I've lots to work with and on, but lack confidence, especially in joining yarns and finishing off. Oh, how I'd dread it if a project would come apart! Last time I tried, oh about eons ago :D, that is what happened, and it put me off crochet...well, except for those washclothes, lol! So, a new beginning it is!

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

Welcome to Crochetville!

Hello from south Florida!

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi Laurie!

I know not everyone agrees, though I knot and work my ends in. No surprises then and welcome from Florida.

Welcome! It's good that you joined. The people here make things soo much easier to understand! I hope you get the guidance you need.

When it comes to joining yarn and hiding tails there are a million ways you can do it, but the key is to have a long length of tail. There are ways to work the tail in while your crocheting so they are in the stitches, you can just crochet over the top of them, or you can weave them in with a big needle. Some people hate knots/knotting, but I have done it too and it hasn't ruined my work so far.... It also depends on the project and who's gonna use it. Anyway, feel free to look around for tips on joining yarn! You can also try YouTube. Good luck!

Hello,welcome to Crochetville.

Hello, and welcome to the 'ville. I had some projects fall apart on me when I first began crocheting. You will get the hang of it. Don't forget to ask when you have a question.