Crochet Made Easy Book ?

On the Red Heart website, I've downloaded their free copy of 'Crochet Made Easy' book.

Is it legal to print it and give it to people I teach to crochet? (Like friends or a group of middle schoolers, or whoever I teach to crochet...)

The document is copyrighted by Red Heart/Coats and Clark, I'm sure.

You'd really need to check to see if they have specifically granted permission for copies of it to be shared. That information might be found in the document itself or on the webpage from which you downloaded it.

If you don't see that specific permission is granted, you'd need to contact Red Heart to ask for permission to give copies of it to others.

I can't find a free version of that booklet. Can you post a link?

All I found was the $4.99 downloadable version, which since they're selling it, they're obviously not going to grant permission for copies of it to be shared with others. :)

I finally found the link. You have to be logged in to your Red Heart site account to access the free download.

So I'm going to say they're not going to grant permission for free copies of this booklet to be distributed to anyone.

What you can do is give people the link to download the pdf file, and tell them they'll have to register a free account at Red Heart in order to get the book. If they don't want to register an account, then no free book.

The book is also only available for a limited time for free download.

Archived