Snowfire afghan joining

gremlin

Question

My Mom started an afghan many many years ago and pulled it out again just recently to try to finish it. She has the page that has the instructions, so that part is not the problem. What we are looking for is the way she is supposed to join the squares. The pattern is called Snowfire and was designed by Jean Leinhauser. Under the assembling instructions, it says :joined with Flame using Method 3 (see joining methods in Chapter 8)." Mom doesn't remember where she got the pattern and there is no indication anywhere on it as to what book or magazine or whatever the pattern came out of. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a picture of one of the squares Mom has done and ready to join.

post-52274-135897689274_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I looked it up on ravelry. It's in mccalls book of afghans vol4.

I looked at that, but that seems to be more of a magazine or booklet. It doesn't look like it has a chapter 8.

What I'm trying to find is the book that has the chapter 8 so I can see the method of joining.

I'd guess that Book of Afghans vol 4 would include the joining instructions if it has the pattern.

Mccalls printed patterns over and over in different books and magazines so it might also be in other ones.

I just happen to have been working on this awhile ago and was not finished all the squares yet.

I found it in a old book called The Great Granny Crochet Book.

The pattern is on Page 10.

Method three says to do the same as method two but work through the back loops only, sometimes called the outer loops.

Method two:

Hold squares or pieces with right sides tog. With crochet hook, join yarn and sl st through fronts loops only, somtimes called inner loops of matching sts on both pieces to be joined, Again, crochet LOOSELY to keep seams from puckering.

There are other methods if you need them. Give me a shout if you need more help.

I just happen to have been working on this awhile ago and was not finished all the squares yet.

I found it in a old book called The Great Granny Crochet Book.

The pattern is on Page 10.

Method three says to do the same as method two but work through the back loops only, sometimes called the outer loops.

Method two:

Hold squares or pieces with right sides tog. With crochet hook, join yarn and sl st through fronts loops only, somtimes called inner loops of matching sts on both pieces to be joined, Again, crochet LOOSELY to keep seams from puckering.

There are other methods if you need them. Give me a shout if you need more help.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! ! ! ! !

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

That is exactly what I was looking for!!!

Archived