Winter Wedding Dreams -18" doll Image Intense

darski

Winter Wedding Dreams– 18” doll

post-4896-13589768859_thumb.jpgpost-4896-135897688594_thumb.jpg

PDF is Here:winterdreams.pdf

WW yarn (Bernat Super Saver in red and white)
SW yarn (Bernat baby sparkle)
Elastic waistband
4.5mm, 5.mm and 5.5mm hook

V-st = [dc, ch1, dc]

Triple V-st = [dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc] in same st or space.

2Tr cluster instructions..
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Crochet-3235/2008/3/2-3-tr-cluster.htm
for this pattern both tr are worked in the same st.

I’m going to start with the Bridesmaid’s gown as it shares the beginning with the Bride’s gown.

Bridesmaid’s gown…

post-4896-135897688602_thumb.jpg  post-4896-135897688605_thumb.jpg

With Red WW yarn and 5.5mm hook

Ch 41…

Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in the next 4 ch, ch 4, sk 10, hdc in 10, ch4, sk 10 hdc in 5.
(20hdc / 2 – ch10 loops)

Row 2: hdc in every hdc and ch. (28hdc)

Row 3: hdc evenly across.

Row 4: dc in 3, [2dc in next, dc in 6] 3times, 2 dc in next, dc in 3.

Row 5: work dc in every dc but work inc with dc in space between [2dc] sets.
Row 6: work dc in each dc but increase by working [2dc] in each increase from previous row.

Rows 7-8: repeat rows 5 & 6.. at the end of row 8, join.

Work edging and front fill-in…

Sc along left back and top edge.

Work a double dec into strap corner,

Sc along strap to 4th ch from front,

Work Tr clusters in each front stitch.

Sc along strap and across right top edge,

Sc down the rt edge working in button loops as you go,

Slip stitch into join… continue working in rows but you should turn after each row to maintain the look of the fabric.

Continue to work rows 5 and 6 until the gown is the length you would like. You can make it cocktail length, waltz length or full length as you prefer.

Winter Shrug…

post-4896-135897688609_thumb.jpg

This is made with a larger hook to get a lacier fabric.

w/ Baby sparkle yarn and 5.5mm hook…

ch 19…

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, *sk 2, V-st in next* repeat to last chain, ch 1, V-st in same st, work down the other side matching V-st to V-st back to beginning, work a V-st into the beginning st and ch 1, join to 3rd ch of 4.

Row 2-7: slst into ch1 sp of V-st, ch 4, dc in same st,(beg V-st) work V-st into every V-st with a Triple V-st in the ends. Join to 3rd ch of 4.

Trim…

post-4896-135897688615_thumb.jpg

Slip stitch into the opposite side as shown. Work [sc, ch4] for each V-st but when you get to the ‘other armhole do not do a ch 4 - just work sc in V-st/sc in V-st and then continue with your sc/ch4 back to beginning.

Remember that you get the best fake fur look from the ‘backside’ as you work with the yarn so make sure you are working the inside of your shrug.

The Bride’s Gown…

post-4896-135897688626_thumb.jpg

Work as for maid’s gown to the point where you have finished the edges and front after row 8.
Begin overskirt: dc in 5, 3dc in next. Join and break off.

post-4896-135897688632_thumb.jpg

Pick a point in the front that you want to have your opening of the overskirt. It can be Centre Front or you could have it drape from one side or the other…
**Work dec just after/before first and last st on every row.

Work 2dc in middle dc of every 3dc group.

Work in dc using increase methods from rows 5 & 6.
For one row only, work the back stitches in Tr.

Continue for as long as you want the overskirt to be. I quit when I was not sure I had enough yarn to make another row. I would be interested in seeing this with different lengths but I like where mine finished.

Lacy trim rows: att baby sparkle yarn at centre back and work a row of ch5 loops in alternating sts. Join at end and slst into next st.

Work a row of ch 7 loops in the stitches not used in ch 5 loops. I changed back to ch 5 loops for the front opening but do as you think would look best for you.

Underskirt…
post-4896-135897688619_thumb.jpg

WW yarn and 5.5mm hook

Join all rounds.

Work 48 sc over elastic waistband

Row 1: dc evenly around.

Row 2: dc in 3, *V-st in next, dc in 7* repeat to last 4, dc in 4. ( 42 dc and 6 V-st groups)

Row 3-: dc in each dc and 3dc in ea V-st.

Rows 4 -14: dc evenly around. Break off WW yarn and attach 2 strands of fake fur.

Row 15: work from the backside to get the best look in your fake fur. Hdc evenly around. Break off and tidy all ends.

The attached crinoline…

post-4896-135897688622_thumb.jpg

With Baby Sparkle yarn and 5.mm hook
Work on the inside of the underskirt. Work a series of Post Single Crochet/ ch3/sk1 evenly around.

Work another row of ch 3 mesh.

Work one row of 2- ch3 mesh in each ch 3 loop.

Work 6 -- rows of ch 4 mesh in each loop.

Work 2- ch5 loops in ea loop.

Work 1 row of ch 5 loops.

Work 5 dc in ea loop.

Feel free to make this any way that suits you. Once you add the dc row the crinoline drops like a rock and will easily reach your dress hemline.

Shrug and train…
post-4896-135897688643_thumb.jpg

The shrug is worked from CB to each arm.

w/ Sparkle yarn and 5.mm hook ch 12.

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, sk 1 V-st in next, sk 2, V-st in next, sk 1, dc in 2.

Rows 2-6: work the 2 dc on ea end and V-st in V-st. at the end of row 6… ch 12 and join to the top of the Beginning dc.

Row 7: dc in 2, [V-st in V-st] twice, you will now work along the chain sts… [sk 2, V-st in next] 4 times. Join.

Rows 8-9: dc in 2, V-st in ea V-st. Break off.

Return to your beginning chain and repeat these rows on the other side to mirror the first side. Att yarn on the opposite side from beg tail Please note that the 2dc is your bottom edge… it counts later on.

Now have your shrug right side out J and find that bottom edge. With that bottom edge towards the top, att yarn at the right side just before where the ‘sleeve’ starts. See pic…
post-4896-135897688636_thumb.jpg

Ch 4, dc in same st (beginning V-st formed), work 11 more V-st across the edge – that is one V-st for each row of dc. Turn

. dc in dc, V-st in ea V-st across including the first one, dc in last dc. (the last dc would be the 3rd ch of 4 that started that row)

.Dc in dc, V-st in ea V-st, dc in last dc. Work this row 4 times.

Increase rows

. dc in dc, V-st in V-st, dc in space bet V-st, V-st in V-st to last, dc in space between V-st, V-st in V-st, dc in dc. (For this row you are just working a new/increase dc just after and before the edge V-sts)

. work as last row but work V-st into your increase dc’s.

Note: I worked one row with Tr in the body of the train just inside the edges. I also worked the last row in Tr .

Repeat these 2 rows for as long as you wish your train to be. I was tempted to go really long but decided against it. L

post-4896-13589768864_thumb.jpg

Add the fur trim… If you don’t like/won’t use fake fur then you should find some form of edging that you think would add to the design.
Work from the back side of the shrug to get the best look from your fake fur. Work hdc along the entire edge. Note, it would be a good idea to work a couple of decreases along the neck edge to bring it in to the body. The work the same trim along each sleeve edge if you like that look. I left the sleeve edges plain… still haven’t decided which way to go.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2011

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897688567_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897688598_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897688612_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897688629_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!!!! I am definately going to make this for my Granddaughter. My daughter is getting married Sept. 16th and the girls are wearing red. She asked me if I could make her a gown to match hers and the bridesmaid's is pretty close, only hers is floor length. Thank you so much, she will be thrilled with her Gigi if I get it done.

Joan

Beautiful!!!! I am definately going to make this for my Granddaughter. My daughter is getting married Sept. 16th and the girls are wearing red. She asked me if I could make her a gown to match hers and the bridesmaid's is pretty close, only hers is floor length. Thank you so much, she will be thrilled with her Gigi if I get it done.

Joan

This would be so neat. Please post pics if you get it to work. I debated going with the full gown but it looked so cute at cocktail length that I left it there.

If I can help you to adapt the pattern in any way please let me know

Thanks for the offer to help adapt the dress into a floor length gown. I'll be sure to give a yell if I need help. I will post a picture when I get it done. Better work fast so I get it done. I am so excited to start this.

Joan

This gown is just gorgeous. I was going to make another wedding gown for the daughter of a friend of mine for one of her 18" dolls; I changed my mine I'm making this instead and the bridesmaid dress is just so adorable, I have to make enough of those for all her girls. Have you considered making a wedding gown for all four seasons? That would be so cool. Thanks you for all the wonderful patterns you share with us.

Nancyb

This gown is just gorgeous. Have you considered making a wedding gown for all four seasons? That would be so cool. Thanks you for all the wonderful patterns you share with us.

Nancyb

thank you for your kind words.

I'm not sure how you could do a gown for each season - I'll have to think about that. :think

thank you for your kind words.

I'm not sure how you could do a gown for each season - I'll have to think about that. :think

YW. You did a fantastic job with the winter one, I'm sure you could do it, you have a lot of talent in pattern designing. I think that each gown should reflect the season. As an example, the fur trim on this gown puts you in the mind of winter.

Anyway I love all the patterns you have done and went thru every post in the forum looking for those patterns for the 18" doll and have made serveral of the patterns so far. I don't know how to post pics or I would share.

Nancyb

YW. You did a fantastic job with the winter one, I'm sure you could do it, you have a lot of talent in pattern designing. I think that each gown should reflect the season. As an example, the fur trim on this gown puts you in the mind of winter.

Anyway I love all the patterns you have done and went thru every post in the forum looking for those patterns for the 18" doll and have made serveral of the patterns so far. I don't know how to post pics or I would share.

Nancyb

I have been thinking on that... I think it could be done but it would depend on stereotypes of ea season...:think and who agrees on the stereotypes? :eek

I have been thinking on that... I think it could be done but it would depend on stereotypes of ea season...:think and who agrees on the stereotypes? :eek

So true, any more these days who argees on anything! lol. :D

Nancyb

• 3 years later...

This dress is gorgeous! I am in the process of trying to make it but am stuck on row 5. I am a little confused about where I am supposed to increase. Could you clarify for me? Thank you in advance. I am very excited to make this! My email is val_6553@yahoo.com if you would like to email me.

Row 4: dc in 3, [2dc in next, dc in 6] 3times, 2 dc in next, dc in 3.

Row 5: work dc in every dc but work inc with dc in space between [2dc] sets.

Row 6: work dc in each dc but increase by working [2dc] in each increase from previous row.

on one row you work 2 dc into a stitch.  on the next row you work a dc between the 2stitches that were your increase on the ro9w before.  then you will work you increase on the next row by working 2 dc into that dc between dc and so on and so on. 

Hope this helps...

• 1 year later...

I really would love to make this for my granddaughter for Christmas.

But I am having a hard time understanding the instructions past row 8.

Is there another page that has them written more simple?

Help and Thank you!!

Rochell

• 2 weeks later...

I really would love to make this for my granddaughter for Christmas.

But I am having a hard time understanding the instructions past row 8.

Is there another page that has them written more simple?

Help and Thank you!!

Rochell

I'm afraid this is as good as it gets.  If you can tell me what you find hard to follow I may be able to help.  However, I did this pattern years ago and I no longer have the dress here to check stuff.

I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner but the Ville no longer sends notice of new posts.

Archived