some of the afghans I've made

gremlin

Very nice...Can you tell me the pattern you used?

The school logo one is just half doubles. Nothing big on that one, other than changing colors. That part was a mess. I couldn't carry the yarn because it showed to much. I was very glad when it was done.

The striped ones are all done with a flat stitch on a crohook. I really like that stitch because it is so solid - no holes to snag your fingers in. It works up fairly quickly also.

The school logo one is just half doubles. Nothing big on that one, other than changing colors. That part was a mess. I couldn't carry the yarn because it showed to much. I was very glad when it was done.

The striped ones are all done with a flat stitch on a crohook. I really like that stitch because it is so solid - no holes to snag your fingers in. It works up fairly quickly also.

Maybe you should think about teaching a class in crohook! :) Don't know if you are interested or if there are enough people that want to take one but I have been wanting to learn myself. I may check around and see if there is a good youtube video tutorial. Some of them are very good but there are also some that I cannot learn much from. I should not be such a picky student. I guess it is my old age. :D Truthfully, I have so many things in my to do pile, I haven't time to learn something new just yet. But .... soon!

Thanks all. I really do love to crochet.

Maybe you should think about teaching a class in crohook! :) Don't know if you are interested or if there are enough people that want to take one but I have been wanting to learn myself. I may check around and see if there is a good youtube video tutorial. Some of them are very good but there are also some that I cannot learn much from. I should not be such a picky student. I guess it is my old age. :D Truthfully, I have so many things in my to do pile, I haven't time to learn something new just yet. But .... soon!

My Mom and I actually do teach a crochet class every Tuesday night at our home. Crochet, or crohook, or whatever people need help with. I don't know how I would do one online - I do not have a web cam, nor do I have any inclinations to get one. I might be able to do a video and post it on you tube, but I'd have to figure out how to film it and crochet at the same time. Hmm. I'll have to think on that. Maybe pictures. Something to think about.

Archived