Thinking about opening a shop on Etsy? Advice?

So, I've recently gotten into creating my own patterns and I was thinking it would be awesome if I could start selling some of them. I've come a long way from the awkward crocheter from before! :jumpyay

Anyway, I'm not particularly looking to start rolling in the dough with this stuff. I'm more just liking the idea that people around the country will have the things I've created and more excited that people might be willing to buy them!

But, you see, the thing is... I don't really know what to make exactly. I know people say I need to add my own little touches so my crochet will be different from everyone else's. I enjoy making amigurumi, but I don't really think people would much like buying that... :think So if any of you guys have your own shops, what sells well? Do you have any advice on adding my own personal touches? I know there's not that much you can say about that, but you never know what candies of wisdom others possess so I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Any help you could give me would be very amazing. Thanks everyone!

I opened at etsy store earlier this year and I posted mostly children's hats and some smaller baby blankets (and 1 FBB) and I think I sold all of 3 things... the most important thing, I think, is to figure out a way to stand out from the others (like you said) because when people browse etsy it can be kind of overwhelming. Most of my listings have expired and i don't plan on renewing them. I don't mean to discourage you, you might have better luck with patterns :) I hope you do!!

Archived