Buttercup - 14" newborn

darski

Buttercup – 14” newborn. :pinterest

post-4896-135897687225_thumb.jpg

WW yarn in yellow, green and white.

5.mm, and 6.mm hooks

Pants…

post-4896-13589768723_thumb.jpg

Leg sections – break off yarn after each leg section.

With yellow and 5.mm hook chain 6…

Round 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in 2, 6 hdc in last ch, hdc in 2, sc in 1, 1 more sc in beginning. Ch1

Round 2: work in hdc with [2hdc] in the heel and in 5 toe stitches.

Rounds 3-4: hdc evenly.

Round 5: work in *hdc in 1, ch1 sk 1* around to end. (however it works out)

Rounds 6-16: work in hdc and increase to 26 stitches by random increases. Break off yarn and tidy all ends.

Begin torso rows…

T Row 1: Align the two legs keeping ‘toes’ to the front and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in hdc around the leg sections, Put the first hdc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 7 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dhc, 1hdc, 2hdc, 1hdc, 2hdc, 1hdc, 2hdc] over the seven stitches, work 1 DC into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in hdc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T7: work evenly in hdc.

Rows T8-9: keep the front flat but work 6/5 decreases over the two rows. Stagger dec.

Work a row of sc over an elastic waistband

Break off and tidy all ends

Bonnet.. with green yarn and 5.mm hook

post-4896-13589768724_thumb.jpg

Row 1: ch 2, 10 hdc in 2nd ch from hook (10hdc)

Secure green but leave it attached and keep it to the front of work – you will come back to this later to make a ‘stem’.

Att yellow yarn…

Row 2: 2 hdc in ea hdc. (20 hdc)

Row 3: hdc in 2, *FPdc around same st just used, hdc in4 * repeat to last 2 sts, hdc in 2.

You have now formed the start of 5 petals. The post sts divide the petals. For each petal segment you will make one increase and maintain the post stitches. Try to keep increases in the middle. J

Row 4-8: work as directed to increase one st in each segment and do the FPdc’s. At this point you should have 9 hdc between post stitches

Rows 9-11: continue as established with hdc and post sts.

Row 12: in ea section work… slst into FPdc, sc in 2, hdc, 2dc in 3, hdc, sc in 2…

Row 13: work increasing height sts but vary them a bit so each petal will have it’s own character. Work 2dc into some to get a good flare for each petal.

Jacket…

post-4896-135897687233_thumb.jpg

w/ WW yarn and 6.mm hook – I am using a larger hook to get a looser fabric on the top.

Ch 26

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook (=dc/ch1) *ch1, dc in next* rep to end. (23 dc, 22 sp)

Row 2: sc in ea dc and 2 sc in each ch1 sp.(67 sc)

Row 3: dc evenly. (67 dc)

Row 4:sc evenly working in Front Loops Only

Row 5: dc in 9, sk 16, dc in 17, sk 16, dc in 9. (35 dc)

Row 6: sc evenly. (35 sc)

Row 7: dc in 2. 3dc in next, dc in 3, 3dc in next, dc in 4, 3dc in next, dc in 5, 3dc in next,, dc in 5, 3dc in next, dc in 4, 3dc in next, dc in 3, 3dc in next, 2c in 2. Break off white and tidy all ends.

Trim row: go back to the remaining loops from row 4. work sc/ch4 loops with yellow.

Draw two strands of yellow yarn through the original chain sts for ties.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2011

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897687206_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897687236_thumb.jpg

Soo precious! TYFS

Love the little hat! :manyheart I grew up with buttercups in the back yard, always loved those bits of yellow sunshine in the grass

I had that same experience and it was the inspiration for the hat. I kind of miss coming upon buttercups/wildflowers.

Very pretty!!! I wonder if I can adapt it to fit my preemie doll. If I do I'll post a picture. :hook

I have several people who are trying the hat at a smaller size - I would love to see pics if it works :)

Very cute, thnx, will have to see abt making this for my granddaughter, I gave her one of these babies and she is always wanting grandma to make baby clothes for her.

Did you see my "Born on the 4th of July" set? It has two sets of clothing but they could both be used either for a boy or a girl... well maybe a bit of fixing for the girly top :rofl

• 2 weeks later...
that is absolutely adorable. Is that a Berenguer 14 inch newborn? So sweet. Love the outfit.

yes it is a berenguer. They are sweet but a challenge to design for in that fetal position. We get lazy with straight arms and legs :devil

:wlol

Archived