Baby CAL anyone??

mumma nisha

i made the bunny snuggle blankie for my middle son.. he loved the feathered wool i was given and said he wanted a rabbit.. mmm, this was the best rabbit i could make with a handful of stuffing! lol. havent been able to get more, been a bit home and hospital bound of late..

little hat, jumpsuit and socks i made for him too.. they are for his baby doll that looks like his baby brother.. (what he will look like anyway!) i would rather he bath a doll that looks like his brother than bath the real thing! lol. bub will be bigger than this doll now though, he was the same size at 24 weeks when i nearly had him.. hes now nearly the size our first son was full term.. 4 weeks today and he will be here!!!!!! YAY!! you ladies will be the first to see pics of him!!

Leanne xoxo

post-51212-135897706547_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897706551_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 days and Maxx will be here!! im now making a bunny snuggle blankie for him too.. Ryan my middle son, said, mum, Maxxy needs one too!

so, while i still have a few days to do crochet, im making one for him too! lol

will post pics when i finish..

Leanne xoxo

hows everyone else going with their projects?? so many things i wanna make, but now dont have the time to do them.. so wanted to make a barnyard with animals, NO time to make that!!

• 3 weeks later...

avent done much crochet, i did start Maxx a bunny snuggle blankie but have been so tired i havent been able to finish it.. 4 sleeps to go and he will be here!!!! cant wait!! hows everyone going?? been quiet on here..

• 3 weeks later...

Maxx arrived safely 7 pound 12 1/2 oz, 49 cm long (19inches i think..)

none of the clothes i have made fit him, but the christening gown does! cant wait for him to wear it on the weekend.. looking forward to it!

one of the ladies on here asked if the boob pads worked.. i can tell ya, they are wonderful!!! i have so much milk its rediculous, and they soak all of the leaks up! i would reccommend a few sets for all expceting mummys!! super easy, 3 strands of 4ply crochet cotton, 5mm hook (i think it was that i used), made a round, 4 rows in dc, then final row in sc. make another the same but 3 rows. stitch together in contrasting colour then around the outside of the large circle. super easy and super quick!! im going to make more and donate them to the nicu ward for new mums that didnt have time to prepare their bags and have premmies..

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in resurrecting this CAL?  I'm working on a circular baby blanket right now and hopefully have lots more in the works.  Carpal tunnel-like symptoms are slowing me down a little, but I'll not be defeated!  :D 

I'm excited for the opportunity to have to wait during appointments today and work on my blanket!  Also really excited to make some of those nursing pads mentioned above by Mumma Nisha~*THANK YOU!* I know it's been a long times since you posted....   :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this baby cacoon. I promised to hold onto it for my youngest daughters firstbon. Which she is not blessed with yet. However a friend just had a girl so I will be making one for herpost-19337-0-85720500-1371479757_thumb.jpg

I would love to join,

I'm excited for the opportunity to have to wait during appointments today and work on my blanket!  Also really excited to make some of those nursing pads mentioned above by Mumma Nisha~*THANK YOU!* I know it's been a long times since you posted....    :)

OH YAY, Billynomates!  What are you working on?  I've only got 3 hats, a pair of booties, and that wonky blanket.  Still hoping to get some more booties done, and I found a sweater on etsy I just HAFTA purchase!!!  And some green cotton yarn to make it with....

well I've nearly finished hubby's bear does that count :)

There is a pair of booties I want to try from ytube, I'm hopeless at booties, I can knit them no trouble, but crochet is another story, never get two the same size. and I want to make a dress for my girl when she comes home. :)

Titus you sound very busy, isn't your seat comfortable enough lol, sounds like you can't keep still, it must be the weather lol

love your raised rib hat, I must try that. and the baby blanket will be all the more comfy for its wonkiness, which I can't see. lol

OH YAY, Billynomates!  What are you working on?  I've only got 3 hats, a pair of booties, and that wonky blanket.  Still hoping to get some more booties done, and I found a sweater on etsy I just HAFTA purchase!!!  And some green cotton yarn to make it with....

If it's ok I'm gonna join in. I'm gonna start a giant granny square baby afghan for my cousin. She's having a girl. Moms going to Wally World today so she's gonna pick me up the yarn. Gonna start sometime in the next few days. Her baby shower is in August but I'm not able to attend. Not sure 'ghan will be done by then. But she's not due till October. So I have plenty of time. Will post pics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have I REALLY not checked in since JULY???  I wanna see all your pics!!!  Baby is supposed to be here in December~here's what I've done:

Coming Home Outfit:  SANY0004_zps15961f96.jpg

Car Seat Blanket:  SANY0019_zps65165a7b.jpg

SANY0003_zpse7b0814e.jpg

I was also trying to make Drew Emborsky's Car Hobo Bag pattern in green as my diaper bag, but I have tried and frogged for over a month.  :(  Now I'll hafta come up with something else, when I had my heart set on it!  :(  Still have some projects I'd like to finish, i.e. more booties in different sizes, maybe another bunting?  We'll see....

I have been on a baby kick lately so I would like to join in if it is still going on.

I'm just finishing the edging on a large (V-st) granny blanket that matches a sweater and hat in a pretty pink.  will post pics when I can.

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking forward to your pics, Darski!  I am actually considering your star baby pattern if I can fit it in before delivery...  :)  Also have a pic of another sweater set to share when I charge the camera.  Finished the bag, and a friend is lining it for me.  Then I'll get a pic of that as well.  :)

Archived