Baby CAL anyone??

mumma nisha

Wondering if anyone wants to join in a Baby CAL??

ive been making heaps for our little one that is coming on 22nd nov. bedrest making it the only thing to really do apart from being on here!! lol

im going to start making footed pants, got the pattern off i think it may have been ravelry.com ages ago.. have made 2 pairs already, got a few more colors that i want to do. they are quick to make and are heaps cute!! with putting my own spin on them im going to see if i can make them with loop stitch too! something a bit different..

hope some people join up, be great to see what creations we can come up with!!!

happy hooking :hook xoxoxo

Leanne xoxo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!... I'd like to join, too. :)

Most of my crochet projects are NICU donations. I make blankets mostly, but I've been trying other things, like hats. :hook

I will be glad to join your CAL! I need to make 2 Funky Striped Monkeys (Paton's pattern) and 3 baby afghans (not to mention catching up on charity blankets!) The yarn just came in yesterday so it is perfect timing for me to get started! I actually started one of the Monkeys already but may jump the blue & green one ahead as it is for a baby just adopted by my neighbors daughter and SIL. I feel like they need their baby gift sooner. He is 6 months old so a toy seemed a better gift than the usual baby afghan I make. The other monkey is actually for my teenage granddaughter. I also have 2 nieces and a nephew's girl who are all expecting right now. I am planning on a baby afghan for each of them. I bought yarn to make the Noah's Ark afghans (From Crochet! magazine http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/noahs-ark-blanket) and one Granny Round Ripple (from either of the recent Granny Ripple designers).

I like the idea of doing these in a CAL so I will be encouraged to keep going and post some progress pics. Thanks for giving me some motivation right out of the gate! :)

I'm in! Don't get online regularly right now since I don't have home internet access, but I'm using my time to work on things for two grandbabies by love due in December and January. We know December's is a Girl! (after 2 boys) and I'm currently working on a name afghan for her. I am using the pattern for letters from the Alphabet Blocks pattern from Better Homes and Gardens Favorite Afghans & Pillows to Crochet book to spell out MAGGIE, they will go down the center of the afghan, then I'll either make all plain squares or possibly some popcorn hearts on the other squares.

I have a bunch of blankets that I have made, that are not yet sent out. I am going to try to keep a tally of what I work on that pertains to this CAL. :)

Making a name afghan for my future granddaughter in love. I have her name spelled out in popcorns on squares, hearts on two of 4 corner squares, and am working on the 20 plain squares I need....will try to get pictures posted when it's done.

the pics are fantastic peggy85225!!

i will post pics up here soon with what i have been doing..

i ended up in hosp in preterm labour so been a bit hard to get online..

im home now still in one piece, so this week will get pics up!

thanks everyone for joining!! its exciting to see what little goodies we can come up with for little ones!!

Leanne xoxo

Hi Leanne ~ I hope everything is okay with you & your little one. I have to take some pictures, too. Unfortunately, I am not real good with a camera and often don't like the pictures that I take.:photo

Hi Leanne ~ I hope everything is okay with you & your little one. I have to take some pictures, too. Unfortunately, I am not real good with a camera and often don't like the pictures that I take.:photo

thanks darl! yeah we are holding up atm, been a terrible time. was in labour at 24 wks 4 days. in john hunter hospital (mega huge hosp) for 3 days. said if i go again, they wont stop labor next time. im 26 wks on thurs and hoping with my legs crossed as tight as they can be with an engaged head between them, that he stays in for a bit longer.

my mum came up to "babysit" me and my youngest son yesty, i nearly finished making a cotton wavy sheet for Max s (bub) snuggle bed. just gotta do edging on it and then will post pics.

just gotts stich together some little toys that i made for his pram and that will be complete too. going to make some more premmie things in casse he does come early. made 3 little beanies and socks other day, they are little and cute. will take pics of all of them and post them soon.

peggy, wondering where you found the pattern for the bib darl, i would love to make a couple that style for my tiny man xoxo

thanks heaps girls, love yas all Leanne xoxo

hopefully the photos will come up ok on here.. took pics of some of the things i have made for Max.. im not real good today, so please bear with me.. theres socks, pillow hats, toy rattles, a tractor, pants, victorian cape for his naming day, cotton sheet for his snuggle bed, bibs, wash cloths and i think thats about all.. oh, and dummy holders.

just realised you can see my belly in the first pic! lol. will post a pic of my huge belly for yas too! im huge for having one bub in there at 25wks 6days!

Leanne xoxo

post-51212-135897691081_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897691087_thumb.jpg

post-51212-13589769109_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897691093_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897691096_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897691105_thumb.jpg

just took this pic.. yep, this is the belly thats causing heaps of dramas! lol just realised its sideways.. god, im really having a bad day! lol

I am in too! I have to finish an afghan before December too!

Peggy85225 I love the bibs!! Those are super cute! I am also going to be making an afghan for a friend who is due in January and she likes frogs. I would love to have the frog pattern. Where did you get those?

Finished Maggies name-ghan, now to make lots more for her before she arrives in time for Christmas, plus some stuff for her big brothers.

i cant wait to see Maggies blanket!!! i bet its just gorgeous!! what date is she due to arrive into the world? im due 1st dec, but having csection if all goes well on 22nd nov.

I made some boobie pads the other day, 6 sets in fact, came up really good, save me buying them! started making granny stars last night. i have just finished the 14th one. decided Im going to stitch them together and make a starry night cotton throw for Max. Ive also made a rainbow cotton sheet and a blue and white one for his snuggle bed. will post pics a bit later today.

hows everyone elses projects coming along??

Leanne xoxo

Leanne, I would LOVE to see your nursing pads!!!!!! Can you take a pic? What kind of yarn did you use? I sometimes buy wool ones, as I get mastitis very easily. For some reason the wool makes it better! I've considered crocheting some but have not done so.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I used double crochet cotton 4 ply. did one circle then another one 1 row smaller, then crochetted them together.. dont know how successful they will be, hopefully they work ok. i can let u know soon if they work or not!! im due 1st dec, but hes trying really hard to come early.. im 27 wks today.

have attached 2 pics, the ones ive done so far and a bit closer pic of the front and the back of them.

Leanne xoxo

lol, just realised my belly is in the pic yet again!!

post-51212-135897693213_thumb.jpg

post-51212-135897693217_thumb.jpg

Archived