greetings and salutations

gremlin

Hello. I have been crocheting since I was old enough to hold a hook. I've made several afghans, hot pads, finger puppets, etc. Not that there is much call for afghans here in Phoenix, Arizona right now. Currently, I am making some hotpads for my niece's wedding in September. I am also working on a patch lapghan for a friend of mine. And a baby afghan for another friend whose Mother had started it. Her mother has since passed away, and she doesn't crochet, so she asked me to finish it for her. Fortunately, there is plenty of yarn and the crochet hook, as well as the instructions, all in the bag together. That is just a few of the projects I have going right now. I'm not happy unless I have several projects working.

Some of my other hobbies/interests:

Clay, foam, sewing, gardening, reading, jigsaw puzzles, drawing (colored pencils), sculpting (a little), animals (I raise birds and I have a dog and a fish pond). I taught myself to knit, but it is not my favorite. I prefer crochet.

I am disabled, so I am unable to work. I live with my elderly Mother (who is also disabled) and we help each other out. The two of us teach/host a crochet class at our home once a week. There are several people who come every week as well as a few that come when they can. I would love to be able to make afghans to sell, but I'm just not good at the selling part. I like my afghans too much!

My favorite pattern is done on a crohook - a double ended crochet hook. I crochet tight, so I prefer using size N. This is a picture of the most recent afghan I made. I will be entering it in the State Fair this year.

post-52274-135897687074_thumb.jpg

Howdy!

I am housebound and have been for about 11 years now. I know how hard it can be to try to stay busy when you either don't feel like leaving the house, or can't for one reason or another. I took up crochet because a doctor recommended it to strengthen my hands and I've had multiple projects going ever since.

I'm just now trying to learn other crafts that kind of fit on with the crochet - knitting and clay work being predominant. The knitting is probably a no-brainer once I figure out what to do but how-to directions and patterns are everywhere! The clay work is to provide eyes and details for the amigurumi I make. I love those little guys!!

Good luck with the State Fair!

Archived